Columbia Industries announce strategic partnership with Dynothane

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Columbia Industries, Dynothane Inc., announce strategic partnership

Columbia Industries’ today announced a long-term manufacturing and marketing partnership with Dynothane, Inc., a manufacturer of premium performance bowling equipment and shoes marketed under the Dynothane and Dynorooz brand names.

Dynothane President, Phil Cardinale, will continue his role as Dynothane President and has accepted the position of Vice President, Business Development for Columbia Industries.

Cardinale, a successful entrepreneur, 28-year veteran of the bowling industry, and member of the National Bowling Council Hall of Fame, previously founded Track Inc., a brand of high-technology performance bowling equipment acquired by Columbia in 1992.

“I’ve enjoyed great past success with Columbia and to say I’m happy to about this would be an understatement,” says Cardinale. I only see a bright future here. Columbia has just strengthened its position as a market leader and I’m excited to be part of it.”

“The Dynothane alliance not only strengthens our offering of premium consumer bowling products but provides us unique manufacturing and marketing synergies as well,” says Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Chip Zielke. “Given the success of the Dynothane business and Columbia’s relationship with Phil, the partnership is a natural.”

Dynothane will be relocating its facilities to Columbia’s San Antonio headquarters later this month.

San Antonio-based Columbia Industries manufactures premium bowling consumer products under its flagship Columbia 300 brand, produces bowling products for the Track Bowling and Circle Athletics brands, and is the exclusive bowling ball licensee for AMF-Qubica.

Just to clarify some things for the Dynothane nuts out there, quoted by Phil....

"Columbia did not acquire D/T we have reached a long term manufacturing / marketing agreement. We will purchase resins from the Storm Resin supplier and use our own additives as we have done when production was at Storm. We have opportunity to grow the company due to capacity availability at Columbia, this was not available to us at Storm. Core and cover is strictly under our control and we will dictate product, resins used and marketing. Hope this answers the concerns. You guys need to trust my judgement I've done this before and it's turned out for the best."

Phil

George,

Handy clarification. There has been all kinds of hysteria on US Forums that the quality of the product would change etc. The truth is that Dynothane wil still have full design and component independence as it did when Storm was manufacturing the product. Dynothane will continue to use the same component suppliers, just utilise a different manufacturing plant. Besides, given that Dynothanes admin centre is in Texas, as is the Columbia plant, it makes somewhat more sense to have the manufacturing and admin virtually under the same roof.

However it appears that the final straw was that Storm was unable to meet Dynothanes production schedule and the larger plant at Columbia could.

There has been no buy out of Dynothane by Columbia as has been rumoured overseas, despite Phil Cardinale having been given an executive position within Columbia as well as maintaining his position within Dynothane.

Back
Top Bottom