Lane#1 Bowling Products

DaleS

I have got to know one of the Lane#1 Ball reps in the US. Lane#1 wants to get some product on the ground in australia, and has said that if we can order 20 balls then we can get them for a reasonable price and $22.00 US per ball shipping.

I have all the details here so if anyone is interetested in Lane#1 equipment, please let me know. I have asked him to get his company to sponsor a tournament here or seed some balls to the top or up and coming players, but I dont believe they are in favour of doing this yet.

thanks in advance

Dale

I'm not sure if you know, but Lane 1 balls are $30-$80 US dearer than other companies. To give you an idea, the Orleans pro shop sold all the top brands like Storm, Columbia, Track ect high end stuff for $179, the Lane 1 Buzzsaw's were $249 US.

Yes I beleive the Diamond shape patented core is very good and from what I've seen the balls are great (along with most high end balls these days) but by the time you got some over here, pay for customs and then get them drilled your looking at $550-$600 a ball. I don't think Australia is ready for that yet, but you never know, Quantam showed us that some people are silly enough to spend that much.

Good luck in your quest in finding some people, i feel you'll need it.

George

George,

I know what you are saying and I said that to them. But I also said I would try. I persoanlly could not afford to buy one, and I suggested they put some local people on staff, but the are reluctant to do this. I really dont expect to get many replies. This is more a test the waters type situation.

Dale, (Sorry this is the latest reply ever but someone just told me that it was on here!)

You will be happy to know that Lane # 1 balls are now available in Australia.
They are just starting to take off and hopefully soon when even more pro shops take them on board and more bowlers have seen how well they perform you will be able to get them cheaper then they are going for now because the larger orders coming in make the freight costs substantially cheaper.

I know Ipswich Superbowl just received there first shipment, and by all reports everyone that has purchased one is super impressed.
To give you an idea of the retail price they are retailing for about the same price as any of your other top liners, some of the range are cheaper than this but i just thought i would mention more expensive ones.

Hopefully some of the bowlers that have purchased the balls already will put some reviews on the ball reviews forum soon because i know they have been bowling really well with the balls, they hit huge! I would review the balls that i have got but it would probably be a conflict of interest!

If you are still interested in one of the balls you can message me via this post and I will give you all the info you need to get one in your hands.

Ronnie

Thats all good but the balls haven't been proven over time yet here. If I was going to ever invest in one of them I would want reasonable assurance that they were going to last a while. But I keep an open mind about them, they may be excellent balls.

Hi, I just want to add my bit on Lane #1 ball.

My husband Ben has a cherry bomb and it is fantastic, he is consistent and very very happy with it, he got it through DJ's Pro shop here in SA and David has sold a few and there has been no complaints to my knowledge, everyone has been happy with the balls and have not had any gripes about the price.

Yes Tash everyone that has got one so far is wrapped!
As for them lasting over time Timmee, just jump on ball reviews and have a look for your self, i am sure the americans bowl them the same way we do and they don't seem to be having to any problems.

Hey Tash, which bowling centre is DJ's pro shop in?
I may be able to help him get them in cheaper.

Ronnie
www.lane1bowling.com

Hi Ronnie,

Good to see you about. I'm sure Lane#1 will do well here - they just need exposure like everything else.

I'll try and give ipswich superbowl a call and see what the prices are like and what they have in stock.

thanks again

Lane 1 products

Hi, As some of you may be aware I have started an Australian Bowling Magazine and if someone could give me a contact at Lane1 or get them to send me an email I will try to get something into the next issue of Bowlers Network.

If they are wondering about the circulation, Issue 2 had a 3,000 print run and is going all around Australia. To those people helping me with distribution you should have your copies of issue 2 next week.

Brett

-------------------

BOWLERS NETWORK
Bowling news and information

Gday Brett,
I have been trying to private message you mate.

Give me a call on 0402 414 895 or PM me with your number and i will call you.

Ronnie Conquest

Ronnie,

PLease check you private messages - I've sent you one and would like some info on the lane#1 products that are available in oz.

Dale

With the price of new gear on the way down(at least in the good shops i've been too) this stuff is probably afforable now, not sure how wholesale prices are going(been out of the loop as far as finding that stuff out for a couple yrs now)but theres not as much $450-500 price tags as there were 3-4 yrs ago, it's like there back to mid hi $300's now, probably low $400's if u include drilling(just hope the mid 40c US dollar stays away!). I'd be interested to see how the prices of their 'mid range' stuff like the Silver Diamond, XL and Viper stack up, this companys old-school stuff(eg Teal Buzzsaw,Rasberry c2) gets as many rave reviews as their newer stuff too, getting hold of that stuff would not be easy though. And remember not that long ago that Track and Storm were like hens teeth too.

I was approached by the Lane#1 rep at the US OPen this year about becoming a distributor for their products. Upon looking at the price lists, doing the conversions, adding freight, customs duty etc, etc, etc, I decided it was not worth getting involved with a niche manufacturer like them cos they were just WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too expensive and the risk was far too great for a small operation like mine. When I woirked it out, I was not only going to be distributor, but also sole retailer, cos they would have been far too expensive for any other shops to consider buying.

Having said that, I have no doubt that they are competent bowling balls, and if the prices were to be a l;ot more competitive, I would consider stocking them, but if the current prices are any indication, I can't see the point when there are so many other brands at far more competitive prices that are also known quantities performance wise.

Just to give you an idea of price, Ipswich superbowl has the Cherry Bombs on the shelf for about $420 and the Vipers, Silver Diamonds and XL's that he has got in stock are even cheaper than the Cherry Bomb!

Back
Top Bottom