KEGEL QLD. OPEN 2014 Entry Form

Wow already full. Kinda makes it nigh on impossible for inter state competitors to attend if you can't get a squad anytime in the afternoon on the Saturday. Oh well, save my money.

Planes fly on Friday as well.

Unfortunately my bank doesn't stop wanting mortgage payments because I want time to go to a bowling tournament. It's a $800 weekend as it is, add in an additional nights accomm and another day of the rental car, plus a day off work and all of a sudden the tournament is costing up towards $1300 and hence, unviable.

Perhaps some of those people who do not have to travel far could bowl in an earlier squad to allow those who have to travel long distances a chance to make the trip without the unnecessary cost of 2 nights accomm and 3 days car hire.

Unfortunately my bank doesn't stop wanting mortgage payments because I want time to go to a bowling tournament. It's a $800 weekend as it is, add in an additional nights accomm and another day of the rental car, plus a day off work and all of a sudden the tournament is costing up towards $1300 and hence, unviable.

Perhaps some of those people who do not have to travel far could bowl in an earlier squad to allow those who have to travel long distances a chance to make the trip without the unnecessary cost of 2 nights accomm and 3 days car hire.

Oh no, a $1300 weekend for someone in the east........try doing EVERY F****** TOURNAMENT!!! Then you can whinge......

Oh no, a $1300 weekend for someone in the east........try doing EVERY F****** TOURNAMENT!!! Then you can whinge......

You must really love bowling mate. Cause you certainly aren't doing it for the money or even have a chance of breaking close to even for a year.

My whinge isn't with the costs as such, it just the greater costs that can be avoided that shit me. It's hard enough to get numbers as it is without having unnecessary hurdles added.

You must really love bowling mate. Cause you certainly aren't doing it for the money or even have a chance of breaking close to even for a year.

My whinge isn't with the costs as such, it just the greater costs that can be avoided that shit me. It's hard enough to get numbers as it is without having unnecessary hurdles added.

On the contrary, you can actually come close or even break even with a small profit if you have a good year. Luckily for us in WA we have one tournament a year that only costs us entry fee. So we put in a good showing there and we have a little breathing space with the rest of the year.

Reactions: CT
I think its pretty awesome that a tournament that is 4 months away is full in 2 of the squads already. People who think bowling is in decline need to come to Brisbane, we are killing it up here! Full national tournaments, and two hugely successful tour series. Go us!

good morning Mary. after talking to Adam Willersdorf last night, he asked if you could move him to A squad please. Thank you

I am pretty confident if you put your name down as a reserve for c you will get in... People always pull out

And you can get flights pretty cheap to Brisbane these days. For the last few year's I have managed to get $59 flights each way for Queensland Ladies Classic. As for accommodation, bunk in with people and it will work out to be very cheap

It's not the cost Bec, in my case anyway. I can't get the time off work to travel a day earlier. As for cheap flights, out of Canberra they are very rare due to demographic, $360 return is pretty standard plus excess baggage

Back
Top Bottom