Just throwing it out there.....

emmtee83

How many bowlers in SA would support a circuit much like the old 'ATBA', consisting of about 7 tourneys over 7 different centres in a calendar year?

Let's take a leaf out of the Junior's book and get this state back on track. I want to know how many bowlers would come out and support our sport and bowl a circuit in SA.

List your names below.

Young Michael

That my friend is a fantastic idea for us older folk...lol
I think you would find there would be many bowlers willing to participate.
I myself would be one of them. Lets seriously think about this people this is an idea which may be able to re-track the sport of bowling in SA.

Keep up the good work Trany

Cheers
Udder:groupwave:

I would be interested. That is a great idea.

Just don't include Noarlunga as one of your 7 centres (they wouldn't cope!!)

THANKS

DAVID

Be easier if i was in the city of course but we need the ATBA back!!! hell i'll even leave my Track shirts at home and wear my pink members shirt from 1998!!!

awesome idea michael, but 2 problems are going to appear i believe...

1) who is going to put their hands up to held organise & run these events?

& 2) adults SEEM to only wanna bowl for money these days.. i will be honest, i would only bowl for the money, not the enjoyment. i would be very surprised if adults with families and or weekend jobs would be happy to pay $60 only to win that back again..

just my opinion and i would definately love to have something like the ATBA of yester year, but being a person that has been around for a while, not as long as some with families or more achievements than myself i would not and could not bowl 6/8 games just for the hell of breaking even. it would have to be making money for me to have the time off work as i work weekends.

anyway, just my thoughts.

good luck with it michael.. i honestly hope it works :)
cheers mate
marty

If it can be made to happen, I will support it. The demise of the ATBA (and previously SACBA) is one of the prime reasons SA has lost it competitive edge at Rachuig and in national tournaments.

I believe, however, the main reason the ATBA folded in the end was that the same dozen or so bowlers were winning all the money, so something has to be dome to give the players the next level dowm some incentive to continue on.
\
Hope it works.

personally i think the bowling for money is killing bowling we've got people at junior youth and adult at woodville that refuse to bowl tourments, myself included because the prize fund only goes to a few, and its normally the same few. look at the junior youth circuit.

we tried to start something up at a lower cost low prize fund at the start of the year an got no response from any adult bowler outside of woodville which was very disappointing, if you were to make a low cost option with smaller prizes for more people you'd get a fair bit of support at from alot of people around woodville

Would be interested to look at any proposals. Scratch or handicap or what about 2 divisions ie Open and Division 2 for bowlers under 185 average to encourage new bowlers to tournaments.

Hey Michael,
Great idea mate, i have been thinking about a Sport series in S.A. for a while now and here are my thoughts.......

1. I believe that 4-5 comps a year would be plenty if you want to attract the majority of bowlers (taking into consideration Rachuig,Youth Team,Shield as well as local tournies and interstate tournaments!)

2. We should take a leaf from the other States and create a South Australian Sport Series and bowl on the PBA Patterns.

3. The entry fees should be as low as possible and pay down as far as feasable..(not easy)

4. Working on a entry fee of $90 and 8 games straight up (and hopefully a good game rate from the centres, bowling on Sunday mornings)....heres 2 payout formats...one for 36 bowlers and one for 48 bowlers,

48 bowlers…………………………36 bowlers
1...$350………………………………1...$300
2...$255………………………………2...$215
3...$200………………………………3...$170
4...$180………………………………4...$150
5...$165………………………………5...$140
6...$155………………………………6...$130
7...$140………………………………7...$120
8...$130………………………………8...$110
9...$120………………………………9...$100
10.$105……………………………..10...$90
11....$95…………………………….11...$70
12...$90………………………………12...$65
13...$75………………………………13...$60
14...$70………………………………14...$55
15...$65………………………………15...$50
16...$60………………………………16...$45
17...$55………………………………17...$40
18...$50.…………………………….18...$35
19...$45
20...$40
21...$40
22...$35
23...$35
24...$35

So as you can see....I have tried to formulate it at 2:1 payout and hopefully this will attract more bowlers to come and have a go.
I have already been in contact with Andrew Cherret from BOWLERS BASEMENT and he is quite happy to sponsor a series in S.A. with the help of EBONITE Bowling products.

If anyone has any thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Paul Kanafa.

personally i think $90 is way to much if you look at it 8 games by say $4.50 is only $36 you could do it for $50 and you'd probarly have a lot more people with a chance of affording it on a regular basis

36 * $14 = $504 prize fund thats still alot for a one weekend event and dropping the price means you get more people that can afford to bowl if it is promoted well you should be able to get 50 or so bowlers there

Hey Michael,
Great idea mate, i have been thinking about a Sport series in S.A. for a while now and here are my thoughts.......
1. I believe that 4-5 comps a year would be plenty if you want to attract the majority of bowlers (taking into consideration Rachuig,Youth Team,Shield as well as local tournies and interstate tournaments!)
2. We should take a leaf from the other States and create a South Australian Sport Series and bowl on the PBA Patterns.
3. The entry fees should be as low as possible and pay down as far as feasable..(not easy)
4. Working on a entry fee of $90 and 8 games straight up (and hopefully a good game rate from the centres, bowling on Sunday mornings)....heres 2 payout formats...one for 36 bowlers and one for 48 bowlers,
48 bowlers…………………………36 bowlers
1...$350………………………………1...$300
2...$255………………………………2...$215
3...$200………………………………3...$170
4...$180………………………………4...$150
5...$165………………………………5...$140
6...$155………………………………6...$130
7...$140………………………………7...$120
8...$130………………………………8...$110
9...$120………………………………9...$100
10.$105……………………………..10...$90
11....$95…………………………….11...$70
12...$90………………………………12...$65
13...$75………………………………13...$60
14...$70………………………………14...$55
15...$65………………………………15...$50
16...$60………………………………16...$45
17...$55………………………………17...$40
18...$50.…………………………….18...$35
19...$45
20...$40
21...$40
22...$35
23...$35
24...$35
So as you can see....I have tried to formulate it at 2:1 payout and hopefully this will attract more bowlers to come and have a go.
I have already been in contact with Andrew Cherret from BOWLERS BASEMENT and he is quite happy to sponsor a series in S.A. with the help of EBONITE Bowling products.
If anyone has any thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Paul Kanafa.

Killa Idea... Would love to bowl on sports and PBA patterns.. cause i found out at the Aus Selection camp. i am WAY behind in this area!

Michael and Mr Naf SOUNDS GREAT!

Hope we can get this off the ground.. AND get help from people that complain all the bloody time :mad:

The short person!!

Ash

They'd be a good thing to have to fill in the gaps between semi majors and majors, but how much room is there?

as it is now

SA cup
Northen Open
Barossa Cup
Salisbury players classic

Still plenty of time for a few of these one day events by the look of that, of course a Mt gambier cup in there would be good too, one day maybe.... Oh and is there any chance of 15-20 South Aussies ever going to Warnambool Cup again, it was only 10 yr ago we could still manage that, still the best value tournament in Vic OR SA IMO.

I would be interested. That is a great idea.
Just don't include Noarlunga as one of your 7 centres (they wouldn't cope!!)
THANKS
DAVID
The proposal for this tournament aside for a minute, I take issue with the above.

Question - which would you prefer: to bowl at Noarlunga or at Marion? Those are the only two realistic choices us southerners have at the moment and with enough comments like this the choice may be made for us.

As the southernmost alley in Adelaide it's got a good sized catchment area and although it's got room for improvement it should be supported rather than be summarily dismissed.

Anyway, if there would be problems running a tourney why doesn't the Association step in and assist?

Edit: ...and why no mention of Noarlunga hosting the Disability Championships a couple of weeks ago? Even on the calendar here it merely states "Centre to be notified". Is Noarlunga really of no importance to anyone?

Just bring it up again as there seems to be a bit of interest.

I have prize funds and payouts worked, and in conjunction with Dion and Junior Youth Circuit, the JYC bowlers will be eligble for dual membership to both series.

Come on guys, let's see some support. Register your interest here, and this thing WILL get off the ground starting FEBRUARY 2008.

Cheers guys

I would support this - all we need is some sponsors to boost prize funds. I would be happy to canvas some business to find out if we could get some more support.

I still think we need someone to go to each bowling center & activally talk to bowlers who average 180 + .

I would also be willing to help with some organisation.

Dave K

Being one of the few females who bowls the JYC I would be very interesed in bowling the circuit and I hope that there will be alot more women who would be interested as well.

Of course I would be in. To get the chance to bowl on some real conditions instead of having to hit a wall would be a great opportunity and I will do whatever I can to help get this show on the road.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom