Just curious .... Strikes in a row

petraids

Eddy
How many strikes has been bowled in a row by 1 person anywhere in the world .

I have tryed looking up the Guinness Book of records but can't find anything .

I know there is a few bowlers in Australia that have bowled 2 x 300 games .

I know there have been 900 Series bowled quite a few times (36 in a row).

I don't know if any of those guys continued bowling after hitting the 900 though...

I'm sure Robert Mushtare has done over a 100 in a row...

There was a guy back in the 80's. A trick bowler. I am sure he bowled a 900 series in a tournament back then. I remember his name had "Glenn" in it.

Best I have done is 15 in a row. 11 in first game and another 4 in the next game.

androooo , Thats right that nobody seen Robert Mushtare bowl the 900's ...

Check out the youtube link below for an interview with Robert Mushtare and make your own minds up to wheter or not he did bowl a couple of 900's

YouTube - Robert Mushtare's Interview

Shayne Melton ....... I want to know who has bowled strikes on a bowling alley ... not on a ps2 .... LOL ....... but thanks for your input and it must have been great to get the 87 strikes in a row

the guy at 3.20 (james hylton).... how the hell did he bowl a 900 bowling like that!!:confused::eek:
thats horrible! :eek:

It's called having bumpers up on the outside (DRY boards) and a big wet lick up the middle. Heck I had the front 9 last night and didn't even come close to hitting the same spot on the lane twice. Best shot I threw was the 10th and left a blowout 4-10!

And yet they had the audacity to turn down Glenn Allison's 900 bowled in 1982 with a Yellow Dot.

However, a new rule was made made because of Mushtard... No honour scores to be approved while prebowling.

I read about former touring pro(since deceased unfortunatley) Randy Johnson lobbing 99 in a row in practice.

It's called having bumpers up on the outside (DRY boards) and a big wet lick up the middle. Heck I had the front 9 last night and didn't even come close to hitting the same spot on the lane twice. Best shot I threw was the 10th and left a blowout 4-10!

And yet they had the audacity to turn down Glenn Allison's 900 bowled in 1982 with a Yellow Dot.

However, a new rule was made made because of Mushtard... No honour scores to be approved while prebowling.

Glenn Allison. That was him!!!! I knew there was a Glenn in it :D

I remember this year that Matt Riley in practice in Tasmania shot 35 in a row before leaving solid 10-pin I think. Best official series by an Aussie is SPC winner Paul Trotter at AMF World Cup when he shot 898 when he won SPC in 2002. As for consecutive strikes, I remember Kevin McRae (I think im spelling it right!) started off with 31 straight in the Junior Championships this year or last.

Glenn Allison remains the original and best 900 series. With a conventional Yellow Dot. That's your spare ball today, guys and girls! He was turned down because the lanes were blocked. When does that happen any more? Let's face it, they're all bowled on easy lanes, so Allison's is king in a lot of people's books.

I was practicing one day and throwing it pretty good, just crossing frames off on a score sheet (that'll tell you it was a while ago) and got on a bit of a roll. When I stuck a 10 pin, David Brooker on the pair to my left, jibed me "Ah, you can miss!" I said "Of course I can, why..?" He replied "You just threw 20 in a row!" Not bad with a Purple Hammer. I had no idea. Same thing happened with a Pink Hammer later that year (late 1992 or eraly 1993, I think) in a tournament at Chester Hill... In the days when they had an OB outside about 6 board. (It wasn't always a ditch...)

best i had was 35 in a row at lidombe

andrew frawley was there and said thats the most he has seen in a row

stuck a 10 pin on the 36th shot

Glen Allisons 900 was done from inside the 10 board funnily enough(according to everything ive read about that block) Problem was the Ametuer Bull**** Congress said that 10 and out was walled........ And real bowlers around the world still laugh at them

Back
Top Bottom