How Many in a Row ?

jimcross

I posted this question some years ago. Don't remember getting any answers. Here goes again.

How many strikes have you bowled in a row WITHOUT bowling 300?

That I remember, I've bowled 18 ( high game 279 ) and 16 ( high game 290 )

Probably bowled others over 12, but didn't take note of them.

21 for me 8- 11 in a row then front 10 8/ was great 278 288 followed it up with a 280 as well. very frustrating as i had not trown a 300 at the time.:mad:

I know I've had others over 12, but there must be something the matter with me, as I've never felt any disappointment at not bowling 300. A good game - say 250+ is a good game. That makes me happy. I'd take those scores all the time, in preference to 300 from time to time. Even as many as George, etc.
I've never been able to get with the hoo-haa over a 'century' in cricket. 101 is a cue for wild excitement, while 99 is a cue for sorrow and frustration. The difference IS 2 RUNS !!
As I said, probably something the matter with me.

By the way, I could get excited about a 900 Series.

20 for me

x 9/ x x x x x x x xxx = 280 (2nd frame 10 pin)
x x x x x x x x x x9- = 288 (11th shot 7 pin)

Cheers

Steve

I *think* 18 in a row is my best without a 300 (268 & 279) subbing in the late Wednesday night league at Moonah about 5 or 6 years ago.
I used a Hammer Diesel all three games and shot 150-something the first game.
I know I've gone close to that quite a few times without shooting 300 but I lost all my old records about 12 months ago so can't be definite on any others.

As a side note to that, I shot the above against the president of that league who promptly introduced a new rule the following week banning anyone over averaging 200 or more from playing in her league LOL.

Talk about cracking the ****s! She was ok with it when I shot 152 or whatever it was in the first game!

the most ive seen anyone bowl in a row is 16.
but that includes a 300.
12 in one game. front 4 in the 2nd.
still 16 in a row was immpressive.

the same day i saw 16 straight.
also two 300 games were bowled. one of which was the 16 in a row.
the other came after the guy bowled a 289.
a bucket load of strikes that day.

on a side note.
the most ive gotten in a row in a game is 7. done it twice.
most in one game is 8. ive done it several times.
but the one i remember the best was last year in coffs harbour. 2 4 baggers in one game.
pity i had a gutterball in between. but still bowled 220.

Back
Top Bottom