ITS ALL OVER (Pictures Included)

Launceston will only get synthetics when it is sold to someone else. I cant see it being done anytime in the near future as the wood still has about 3-4 resurfaces left in it which equates to around 18-24 years life left in them (6 years b/w resurfaces, and 2 years b/w recoats). Lonny is a Low Lineage centre and although it still makes a profit each year, it doesnt make enough for the Powers To Be to Spend any money on it. We got a $30000 Summit Oiling Machine 4 Years ago and that was the Capital expenditure for the Next 10 Years. LOL

Popped in today and saw the old ball returns getting p*ssed on from a great height in the carpark :lol:
Would've snaffled one up but it wouldn't fit in the car...oh and I have nowhere to store it.
Lots of rubble and stuff in the skip bins out front.

The works seem to be coming along well, it was pretty much the same as the last batch of photos from Androo that were posted.
Absolutely poured down all day, so it would've been difficult get things in/out of the place.
Lots of painting work being done, looked like thay were preparing to rip the lanes up fairly soon.
I really like the deep blue walls down the sides, looks very schmicko.

Rest assured guys that on the basis of other amf renovation jobs, when finished, it's going to look fantastic.

If any of you have been to AMF Woodville in Adelaide (probably for the SA Cup) then that's the style they're heading towards, and I'd love to see my centre get the same treatment :)

Like I mentioned earlier, I checked out the installation at AMF Cross Road in January this year, and I must say, the second-greatest thing in the bowling world is seeing 82-30's sitting in the carpark doing what they do best... nothing :p

(The greatest thing is working in a centre running A2's ;))

~Daniel

Nothing wrong with the 30's.... A's and A2's scare me.... I don't like heights ;)

Actually, Odins scare me more... anything running chains can't be good.

Owners of centres with Odins, please read fine print...

No offence intended to the owners of Burnie, Devonport, Sunraysia, and any other centre running the converted potato mashers. May all your fingers and toes be intact at the end of each shift and your balls go 6 feet straight up.

1 week to go

Theres only one week to go and i think we are all getting pretty excited, im looking forward to having something to do, over the last week ive started playing pc games again...like cs and all, and i now have RSI in my right wrist which kind of sucks.

Dont know about everyone else but im pumped and cant wait to get in there on monday or sunday when ever they are opening again and have some games.

Chears
Christopher

Thanks for the photos androo, its so evil having to wait :twisted:

Are those the ne machines in the last section of photos?

Also :p .... i drove past today and there was a big truck there with alot of big round metal things on it :p what were they? the new ball returns?

WOW :eek: :D
Thanks for posting those Androo.
The place is looking fantastic already, to me the colour scheme makes it look bigger and more open.
I love the shiny lanes, first time ever seen lanes shine like that, except on the telly of course.
I'll pop in tomorrow for a stickybeek at it, the fellas have done an awesome job. :)
Keep this going and the "Old Barn" will be the most modern and attractive building the whole of Moonah :lol:

Great job :wink:

Been checkin out the photos and I must say that place is lookin fantastic...seeing the photos of the place being built brings back the memories from when Strikezone was being built...fun times there...believe me...lol.

*COSHEA* said:
Only on the inside tiger ;) but i spose thats all that really matters

Nah mate the outside's getting a spruce-up too, they've already started with it, the level from the stairways to the carpark down has been been painted a gun barrel grey colour, looks nice (and hides the dirt too). I noticed the red flag poles are in the bin, and the front area in front of the balcony is getting stones placed in it (like the front part of the carpenter/joiners next door has), with some nice plants going in there. Should look really nice.

Rodney Radcliffe and I had the grand tour today, and I was still in awe of what I was seeing :D
Wonder if they ever found the bronze plaque that many, many, many, many years ago was near the office door that had the commemoration of the bowl's opening - allegedly October 12 1962 :wink: Searched through the micro-film at the library for The Mercury's article on its opening today, but couldn't find it.

*COSHEA* said:
Thanks for the photos androo, its so evil having to wait :twisted:

Are those the ne machines in the last section of photos?

Also :p .... i drove past today and there was a big truck there with alot of big round metal things on it :p what were they? the new ball returns?

Those are the new machines Chris, and the big round things you saw on the truck would have been the old pinwheels from the old machines... The ball returns arrive tommorow

These will be the last pics i put up till the opening on the 15th... just a summary of before and after :)

gees androooo

to think you said this day would never come :wink: :wink: :wink:

looks good, hopefully all the bowlers will appreciate it

So Androooo, what do you think of the nice blue colour I painted the backend covers and the ball elevator covers, I painted them in 1997, they used to be red, the same as the motors.
I painted Fairfield bowl the same colour. The last time I looked at them they needed another coat on the backend covers, they hads a lot of scratches.
willey.

alrigt no worries androo.

I must say it looks a hell of alot better now, the colour scheme is clean cut effective....AND NEW CAPRET :D :D :D

oh yeah, do we have league on monday the 15th?

Back
Top Bottom