ITS ALL OVER (Pictures Included)

*'TOPHER*

Yes its the first of November and the good old wooden lanes are about to be demolished...well covered over with out lovely new ssynthetics.

Now all i need to do is find something to do for the 2 weeks :roll:

Yep, the place closed to the public last night.
I took some photos in the place on Saturday, but it was far too busy to do the ones I wanted to, so I only took a handful.

But I did manage to get a photo of the last 5-7-10 ever left in the place :lol: Left by a player from a travelling group from Melbourne who came down to bowl the last event here.

And that means that from this week, that bloody horrible mural gets torn down YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D
Great labour of love in painting it, but only looks good in the dark. Thank Christ that's being torn down is all I can say.

Looks as though you might have to play on the computer for a couple of weeks there Chris :eek:

Sounds like the commanes had fun there last night from what chris was telling me at school...I'll let him tell the stories if he wishes.

what a great day in hobart 28 degrees and driving past seeing the bin in the car park being filled with the rubbish we have had to put up with for years. what would have been nice if the centre could have allowed the bowlers to get their revenge on the machines with sledge hammers .I know Matt would have loved to be apart of that. will they find matts ghost that stops him at bowling 279s and remove it before it reopens.old Athol Matts mate has been disapointed to not being able to whatch his idols bowl now that its closed .HE MISSES HIS MATE MATT CRAMMOND AS HE SAYS IT GOTTEN TO DEAR FOR MATT TO BOWL AND IS AFRAID IT WILL COST TO MUCH TO BOWL WHEN LANES ARE REPLACED . :x

But I did manage to get a photo of the last 5-7-10 ever left in the place Left by a player from a travelling group from Melbourne who came down to bowl the last event here.

Sorry to spoil your photo Matty but i'm pretty sure I saw Warren Burns with a 5-7-10 in the 9-no tap torny on Sunday (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Any chance of getting the old machines set up in the carpark with some pins and a couple of house balls so we can say we really bowled in the carpark :?: :p :lol:

johno999 said:
what a great day in hobart 28 degrees and driving past seeing the bin in the car park being filled with the rubbish we have had to put up with for years. what would have been nice if the centre could have allowed the bowlers to get their revenge on the machines with sledge hammers .I know Matt would have loved to be apart of that. will they find matts ghost that stops him at bowling 279s and remove it before it reopens.old Athol Matts mate has been disapointed to not being able to whatch his idols bowl now that its closed .HE MISSES HIS MATE MATT CRAMMOND AS HE SAYS IT GOTTEN TO DEAR FOR MATT TO BOWL AND IS AFRAID IT WILL COST TO MUCH TO BOWL WHEN LANES ARE REPLACED . :x

Gday Michael, I would've loved to take some of those wretched old 82/30's out in the bush and use 'em as target practice.
I dunno about finding my old 279 ghost (all 40+ of them), but I'm more concerned about the ghost of old Eddie down there (some nights when I've cleaned the place I've seen/heard strange things).
Don't worry about old Hehel (Athol), he'll keep himself entertained like he usually does during the summer by perving on all the chikkies down at the Tattersall's Aquatic Centre :lol:

Redwolf said:
But I did manage to get a photo of the last 5-7-10 ever left in the place Left by a player from a travelling group from Melbourne who came down to bowl the last event here.

Sorry to spoil your photo Matty but i'm pretty sure I saw Warren Burns with a 5-7-10 in the 9-no tap torny on Sunday (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

Any chance of getting the old machines set up in the carpark with some pins and a couple of house balls so we can say we really bowled in the carpark :?: :p :lol:

DOH :x That'd be right :)
Big Bad Wazza leaves the last "tree" hey, I'm just glad it wasn't me. 20-months since my last........and counting :lol:

Yeah Tanny and I went in and had a look at the bowl this afternoon and I was totally speechless :eek:
The masks have gone, carpets gone, benches with house balls under them have gone, all the lockers have gone, the creche is full of the arcade games, apparently there were 17 of them there today slaving in the warm weather, and the amount of progress already is staggering.
The place'll look a million bucks when it's finished.

PS: Chris O'Shea, the pics I have aren't on digital there on a normal camera, when we get them developed I'll plonk them up here. Apparently Androoo took a lot today.

wow that is scary to think that its gone already.

If you have anymore androo and need somewere to host them let me know ;)

*COSHEA* said:
Just had a 2nd look, is it just me or is that painting gone off the walls???

Yes, the whole thing has been been painted over :D

And that is scary surreal seeing the whole back end completely gone like that :eek: :shock:
Amazingly hard work the lads have done since we were in there only 24 hours earlier.
Androo, what are they doing with all the old machines?

Currently in the back carpark getting pi$$ed on.... lol

In all seriousness, the machines are being scrapped as far as I know.

The place looks freaky

Androoo and Matt........as a former Manager of Moonah, thanx for the update and pics of the bowl......it brings a small tear to my eye when I remember the times, both good and bad that I had there :-({|=
Matty.....if you stand there behind what was lanes 5 & 6 and listen real hard....you might be able to hear the sounds of the X Files....WHAT A TEAM!!!!!! :bad-word: :bad-word:
Talk to soon guys.......
Garry

Ahhh the memories, I had many a quiet smoke on those steps when I put the garbage out every morning through those doors.

Magpie said:
Androoo and Matt........as a former Manager of Moonah, thanx for the update and pics of the bowl......it brings a small tear to my eye when I remember the times, both good and bad that I had there :-({|=
Matty.....if you stand there behind what was lanes 5 & 6 and listen real hard....you might be able to hear the sounds of the X Files....WHAT A TEAM!!!!!! :bad-word: :bad-word:
Talk to soon guys.......
Garry

Hi Garry, yeah it is rather a strange feeling to walk in and see what it looks like now - as you know, I'm not normally lost for words - I was when I walked in...... :shock: OMFG!!!!
Yeah, there certainly were some great times in the old place (and some very frustrating ones as well), but I think this upgrade may bring the old place back to its former glory again.
I'll always remember the great days of the X-FILES :lol: - some of the funniest nights I had on the lanes were when that team was in existence. Usually deep in the middle of the night I'd stand and look at the place (when I had time) and remember the great shots/games teams/great players of the past and take it in the memories a bit.
Apart from the odd loud fart I'd drop here and there and swearing at the mess the social bowlers had left, I used to hear old "Eddie" a fair bit when the centre was empty :lol:

Either that or hearing old Athol wandering about picking his nose and going "I'm toooooo ooooold" :lol:

PS: Androo, I'm glad they're scrapping those machines, because after the drenching they will have copped today/tonight in the carpark, they wouldn't be much use for anything else methinks :wink:
Meanwhile, it's still p*ssing down :)

I must say i never expected them to have done so much work already, looks like its going to be anoter fine sunny day today so hopefully they will be able to finish on time.

It certainly is going to take bowling is tasmania to a new level, hopefully more people will become involved in this great sport...i know they are trying last 2 days i have seen bowling reps in northgate at one of thoes little stands, giving away free bowling and trying to get people to sign up for leauge.

so off to the ol' cemetary with the wooden lanes then?? dead and buried 6 feet under with no possible return... I guess Launceston will get synthetics next?

IT LOOKS GOOD THE AMOUNT OF WORK DONE . I WONDER IF THEY FOUND ATHOLS FALSE TEETH HE SAID HE LOST A SET ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO . THEY WERE SOMEWHERE IN THE CENTRE HE SAID HE DIDNT LOSE THEM IN THE TOILETS. IF ITS LIKE HIS JUMPER THEY SHOULD HAVE PLENTY OF GROWTH ON THEM . HOPE THERES NOT ANY OF MATTS GAS STILL HANGING ARROUND THE CENTER UNDER THOSE FLOOR BOARDS IT WOULD BE DECLARED A HEALTH HAZARD . HURRY UP AND SET UP THE CARPARK WITH THE OLD WOODEN LANE AND PINS AND WE WILL COME OUT AND SEND DOWN A COUPLE OF FRAMES. MATT COULD SUPPLY A NICE GIRL IN A BIKINI TO SET OUR PINS UP AGAIN WHAT A SIGHT TO BEHOLD.

Back
Top Bottom