Visionary SS OGRE

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Drilled up my SS on Monday night.

First impression was "Boy... Does this stand out!". The bright yellow/chrome silver and blue ball certainly will turn some heads.

Now to the all important reaction. Anyone that loved the Green Gargoyle (me included) will love this ball. For comparisons, I drilled it the same as my Pearl Ogre (4.5" from PAP CG at 75*) to see the differences.

The SS is as least 3-4 feet longer with the skid, with a very angular backend reaction. I could actually cover more boards with the SS, due to the energy retention. When it flips, it flips hard! If you need something to open the lane up, this could be just the ticket.

With this ball, I think people could just about cover every "normal" condition they will see with the Ogre range. And rumor has it, the range will only get stronger with the possibility of a particle and a urethane in the series as well.

All in all, great ball for the price!

Hey guys, just a quick first impressions on the Ogre SS from what I see. Video should be up shortly.

I laid it out 3 3/8ths by 5, 2 inches above midline. Box finish for now.

Why so strong a pin position you ask? I wanted this ball to give me a skid arc reaction, for use during later blocks when the track is dry, and I didn't want the huge backend reported by Jason Wonders with his. It's definately refreshing to see a lower differential ball on the market, it's been ages since I've used anything with a pin NEAR this strong.

Reaction is exactly what I hoped for. Skids through anything heads/mids, and basically does a smooth controlled arc to the pocket. For this ball motion, the ball still carries quite well from tight deep lines.

The only issue with carry so far, has been the occasional 10pin from stronger entry points than most balls. It actually carries better from safer lines than it does from facing well away from the pocket. Being someone that sometimes gets lazy, and starts grinding at the pocket when I can't find a consistent angular line, this is a good thing so far.

It's hard to be overly impressed with any balls these days, as most companies produce great hard hitting gear. Now I look for balls to fill gaps in line ups. The Ogre SS definately fills the huge hole I had at medium lights. As my whirlwind got stronger over time even with constant polishing, I have not had a good light oil ball for quite sometime. This so far, looks like it could be the ball.

The other positive thing to note, is because the cover is so damn hard, it's extremely easy to wipe oil/dirt/grime off the ball. It also seems to not move the oil around much, and I find SMALLER adjustments are better with this ball rather than working left and bouncing. With a different layout, I could see the ball being a better bounce ball, but that wasn't what I was after. I haven't seen it on any pba patterns yet, that should happen sometime this week.

It seems a boring ball that just "gets the job done" consistently. It mixes well, hits high and flush well, and rarely does anything stupid. Normally boring balls don't strike this much, so already, its earned some brownie points!

Judging by the different reaction Droo is getting to what I am getting really does show that this ball is as versatile as they come.

Back
Top Bottom