ITS ALL OVER (Pictures Included)

Hey androo, might have to borrow some of your .... entire centre... we lost one last night

Sorry Androooo, looks like they may have to put the 30's back in, I hope they treated them gently, than again Woodville was'nt that busy anyway, they may never re-open.
Just think about the problems Ipswich had trying to re-open after flooding.
willey.

Chris, yes we do have league on the 15th

Those covers are very pretty Willey, but I have a feeling they will be repainted soon... Maybe that nice canary yellow on the curtain wall ;)

As far as our old 30's, well, lets just say they are now more compact than the 70's... VERY compact :lol:

Oh, and Terry says hi :) He's having fun wiring in the new ball returns as we speak

what a transformation from the old to new about time we got something better. if you look at the pictures its taken 46 years of the machines working in the centre to be replaced if this was on the other island in australia it would be done a lot quicker lets hope the price doesnt cost to much to bowl on these new lanes. old Athol would say I told you so.look better facilities but the same old chairs at lanes as they ran out of money but then beggers cant be choosers

johno999 said:
if you look at the pictures its taken 46 years of the machines working in the centre to be replaced if this was on the other island in australia it would be done a lot quicker

Hmmm... that's funny. Last time I bowled the South Pacific Classic at Moorabbin (about 2 months ago), they had the same machines as we used to. And this is a major tournament venue, and hasn't been done yet. Box Hill, another major centre in Melbourne are also running the old 82/30's

lets hope the price doesnt cost to much to bowl on these new lanes.

Price will be the same for the rest of the year, and if the price does goes up, I can safely assure you, EVERY AMF centres prices will go up too.

.look better facilities but the same old chairs at lanes as they ran out of money.

Are you sure abut that? I'd get my facts right before saying something along those lines.

Now I've said that.... Welcome to the forum Michael Johnson :)

im sure if we got new chairs they would be put in last!!!!!
only a few days till the good old moonah bowl is opened to the public as the modern moonah bowl.
marsh

The centre's looking awesome now :)
The outside had had a bit done to it when I called in at 10:30pm last night.
Just on the fibreglass seats, there's 147 of them from memory (I did count them once), and they're being cleaned up and put back into service.
Cost a fortune to paint them again, needs to be done at automotive spray shop.
Bit of a keepsake from the "Old" Moonah though. :D

Those ratty old plastic seats with the wonky legs that sat at the computer scoring terminals have gone to the tip.
I think the tables in the settee area (trianglular ones in between the seats) may have gone as well (hopefully), I could be wrong though. :D

Think I might rock up bright and early Monday morning for a squizz :D

drove down this morning to have a look at this paint tiger has been talking about...and it looks great verynice darkgrey blue colour. :p

who will be the first bowler to bowl a three hundred on the new lanes . place bets with athol as he says no one will get there before Matty Crammond .cant wait to bowl and see the difference. now for the finishing touches to the center. what a huge difference noticed on friday when snuck in for a look.
the paint work has brightened up the place so bring on the bowling.

After a weekend of "testing", it's going to be a very high scoring centre by the looks of it. Once the guys get rid of the teething problems with the machines (adjustments, scoring, electrical) it's going to be unreal. The pins just explode.

I will go out on a limb and say.... less than 1 month till the first 300.

Trust me, it's not hard.... my low 3 game set so far this weekend has been 689.

For the guys that haven't seen the place yet, it'll blow your mind, considering what the place used to be like. Looks modern, lots of room.... you guys are gonna love it.

johno999 said:
who will be the first bowler to bowl a three hundred on the new lanes . place bets with athol as he says no one will get there before Matty Crammond.

I pretty much doubt it will be me getting the first 300 on them, I reckon it will be notched up even before I return to the lanes by hopefully January at the earliest.
I reckon Androo will be the first to chalk up the 300 on the new lanes (yeah I'm putting pressure on you Phillips :lol: )

I had the honour of being the last person to have the front-11 on the old lanes and shoot for the 300, bloody snagged a 299 out of it :(
I think Simon "Slug" Gourlay was the last ever 300 shooter on the old wood, what a fairytale ending that was - BIG crowd, an emotional Slug and whammo - place goes CRAZY :lol:

androooo said:
After a weekend of "testing", it's going to be a very high scoring centre by the looks of it. Once the guys get rid of the teething problems with the machines (adjustments, scoring, electrical) it's going to be unreal. The pins just explode.

I will go out on a limb and say.... less than 1 month till the first 300.

Trust me, it's not hard.... my low 3 game set so far this weekend has been 689.

For the guys that haven't seen the place yet, it'll blow your mind, considering what the place used to be like. Looks modern, lots of room.... you guys are gonna love it.

There'll always be a few teething problems but they'll get ironed pretty quickly I'd imagine.
I haven't seen the place with pins yet, they tell me these new 70's run nice and quiet?
Thats one thing I remember with the old 30's - just how noisy the place was.
And yes, the modern-look and amount of space generated is awesome, I always thought that it was an awfully big building but it was too cluttered in the past.

Looking forward to seeing the finishing touches tomorrow, I just wish I could have a game on them.

Its good to here its all running ok atm.

Im hoping my frist 300 game i watch is the first one on these lanes thatd be sweet...but who will it be??? :wink:

less than 9 hours now till i roll my first ball on them :wink:

Catchya

Back
Top Bottom