Intro and returning questions

S

Speedway

Hi all
Stumbled upon the forum during my search for centres local to me. Great reading so far!
I am returning to bowling after a 10 year layoff. Been meaning to start up again but never got around to it. When I was bowling I was average, usually bowling around 175-185 with a high score of 199. Never did crack that 200 mark. Bowled in the B Grade Interdistricts in Sydney for AMF Parramatta many moons ago, as well as a weekly league at Parra. As a stay at home Dad, I now need something to do during the day now both my kids are at school! :)
I use to be a straight/conventional bowler until I bought a ball from Cheryl Munson's Pro Shop and she turned me into a hook/finger bowler, and gave me a little advice along the way.

Anyway, I have a question about my ball as I just cannot remember what it did. Without the aid of a picture (batteries flat in the digital), it is a purple ball, matt finish with a hammer with the words Hammer in the middle of it. Inside the finger pattern are twin circles with what looks like a cross hair and the word Fab (I think) in script writing. This ball would be pretty old. Anyone have any ideas?

I may be able to spring for a new ball if I can convince the "bank" it would be a good thing.

So there we are. Hoping someone can help identify the ball but will get pics as soon as the batteries have some ooompf...

Glad to be here
Cheers
Bruce

Thank tonx

much appreciated. Yup, the second link is my ball. Reading the comments I see it doesn't like oily lanes, which explains why I bowled *really* badly at the Corporate Games one year. From what I remember the lanes looked like a pond!

Ok, this generates another question. What would be a good average ball that would cover different lane conditions? I read that the newer balls are very different from the days of old. I would be bowling at Windsor Bowl as it is close to me, and maybe Castle Hill or Mt Druitt. You have probably guessed I am in NSW :)

Cheers
Bruce

Saying the *best* ball probably is like asking which brand of toilet paper feels the best on any given condition. Its all a matter of personal preference :D

Some balls to look at, would be:

Visionary: Violet gargoyle/green gargoyle
Storm: Banshee/hot rod hybrid
Columbia: U-turn series
Check out www.bowlingballsaustralia.com.au for prices :D

Best of luck

Thanks again tonx

I guess you're right, like asking how long is a piece of string. I'll look at those balls and also have a look/talk at a couple of Pro shops.

Cheers
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom