interstate travel

scooter

Hi every1

Just wondering if anyone can let me know how they normally go about travelling round the country via ansett or qantas with regards to excess baggage.

Mark Foster and myself returned home from the Melbourne Cup last nite (flying with Ansett) we both got charged excess baggage (totalling $92 between us!!!) Normally when we have travelled it has been as part of a team so we haven't had to worry about this as team management has organised.

Just wondering what arrangements if any some of our fellow bowlers have with the airlines in regards to the charges as I am now looking at coming over to tornies on a more regular basis - but not to keen on paying these sorts of amounts every time i fly.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanx
icon_wink.gif

Scott Summers

I fly with Qantas. They have a frequent flyer program which if you jion allows you to an extra piece of baggage (15kg).
Qantas is the best airline and are very good at letting you pass through and not charging excess baggage.
Best thing to do would be to join the frequent flyer program and you shouldn't have any problems.
Hope that is of any help.

Regards,
Christian.

I fullt agree with Christian. I always fly with Qantas and have never had any problems and have never paid any excess. I always mention at check-in that I've got sporting equipment and I am competing in XYZ tournament and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

Yeah, Christian and Greig are spot on, the solution is to fly with Qantas. Ansett instituted a "get-tough" clamp down on excess baggage in April, whereas Qantas are still adopting a flexible and pragmatic approach to the issue. I don't think the Kiwis running Ansett are smart enough to realise how dumb and short-sighted their actions are. They are probably too busy entering into a "meaningful and caring dialogue" with a bunch of sheep to appreciate the ill-will they are generating within their customer base. So, until they change their attitude, vote with your bums and fly Qantas!!

Back when I was bowling in Interstate Tournies, I would always make sure I mentioned the fact I was only traveling to participate in a Sport Tournament, and had "Sporting Equpment" when booking the flight. On rare occasions, when the Operator had said they could not do anything, I would ask them to check with their Supervisor, in my best "preety please" voice.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom