Interstate Baggage

After hearing all the complaints about cost of taking equipment interstate with tournaments etc, we have decided to make our courier company available to assist.

Anybody wishing to send their gear by road, can have their gear collected from home (or work, wherever), and delivered to either the bowling centre or their accommodation by Star Track Express.

Depending on delivery areas etc, many states are overnight so if packed off the day before you fly out - the gear will be there the day you get arrive. ie Adelaide - Melbourne, Melbourne - Sydney, Sydney - Brisbane (and of course, return journeys). Delivery times to Darwin, Tassie and Perth are a fraction longer naturally, but will be a lot cheaper than excess air and therefore baggage costs won't be the difference between people being able to afford to go away or not.

Feel free to call, PM or email with any enquiries, I can get on the spot quotes.

Happy travelling.........Max

Now thats what i call looking after the bowlers someone willing to go out of there way to make sure we can make the trips without having to pay the exbortent amounts airlines will charge

well done Max this is what its about people TIME TO STAND UP AND TAKE CHARGE and get this sport back in the direction it needs to be FORWARD!!!!!!

Max that is fantastic news
your kindness and generosity to go out of your way is great

Thanks Max.... was worried about getting gear to arafura...this will solve the problem of travel costs for may people.

Max,

Well done mate on thinking "out side of the square".

I am sure this suggestion will be influential in people making the decision to go to tournaments etc. That can only be good for the sport.

Previously the cost of getting gear from point A to B would have been a deterrent and so will help immensely.

Well done and thanks for making the offer.

Max

What kind of price are we looking at for:

A two ball Ebonite Roller bag and a two ball tote (4 X 15 pound balls).

Let's say Melbourne to Brisbane. Also will they deliver on the Saturday or does it have to be delivered on a weekday.

Whoa!!! Well done m8 you do look after the bowllers Well done i take my hat off to you

Max
What kind of price are we looking at for:
A two ball Ebonite Roller bag and a two ball tote (4 X 15 pound balls).
Let's say Melbourne to Brisbane. Also will they deliver on the Saturday or does it have to be delivered on a weekday.

G'day Terry

Approx $30.00 each way for weekday (two days) delivery. They may deliver Saturdays, but at an extra cost I would imagine. Let me know if that matters and I can follow through for you..

Max

thanks max:)

when you think about it in a way as well, you can get even cheaper fares now, seems mostly all of us had to fly virgin because of the cheaper baggage fees etc, now we can choose something like jetstar or another cheaper airline(depends if u like to travel in comfort or not) seems we dont have to watch the baggage..

G'day Terry
Approx $30.00 each way for weekday (two days) delivery. They may deliver Saturdays, but at an extra cost I would imagine. Let me know if that matters and I can follow through for you..
Max
Max
Can you just clarify that the two days delivery means I will have to send my stuff two days before I want it there for Brissy. If so can I then assume correctly then for Melbourne - (Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide) it would be one day.

Max
Can you just clarify that the two days delivery means I will have to send my stuff two days before I want it there for Brissy. If so can I then assume correctly then for Melbourne - (Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide) it would be one day.

Like anything Terry there is a slight risk factor. If you want the balls in Brisbane on the Friday, you will NEED to have them collected on the Wednesday - I would suggest the Tuesday JUST to be safe.

Adelaide, Sydney & Canberra are next day from Melbourne in 99% of cases.

To the masses who have enquired so far, we have been in contact with Star Track Express again today. They are recalibrating some rates for us and hopefully I will be able to give everyone full and precise rates as of Monday. Please be patient with me till very early next week.

Thanks.........Max

we use star track at work, and the general rule is 'next day' between the 3 east coast cities, however there are sometimes where it is held up and it takes an extra day.

they also have air bags (satchels) which is next day to EVERY captial city (darwin maybe not, and i'd have to double check hobart) as well as some other areas, BUT only come in 1kg, 3kg or 5kg bags.

sydney to perth seems to take 3-4 working days.

and 'next day' means anytime before 5pm, so dont be relying on it for the morning.

Enf...

G'day guys

To the many people who we are quoting for at the moment, please bear with us for another day or so.

We are in the midst of working out a better rate with Star Track on your behalf, including attempting to lift or reduce the minimum pick-up charge per consignment.

We should, within the next 48 hours, be able to give exact rates from any capital city to any capital city, including Star Track's packaging requirements etc. Will post them on this thread.

Thanks ..........Max

Max,
Will the bowler's equipement be insured for damage or loss ( if it happens) ?

That is an optional extra Tony. I think their fee for that is $7.00.

I will confirm that and include with the rates when I get the information. It looks like we have found a way of making it very economical, just a matter now of getting their prices across the board.

Cioa......Max

G'day guys

There has been some concern on another forum about what we are offering to do here, to explain.....

We are offering this service as an alternative to costly air baggage. It has been well and truly researched to ensure their pricing is very accurate. I am working on those figures Wednesday morning and will be readily available and posted then.

All requirements as far as packaging, delivery points etc, minimum charges etc will be in the post. Star Track also have set delivery times and are accurate 99% of the time. If people allow an extra 24 hours, just for safety reasons - there will be no issue.

We will not be offering any Saturday deliveries, that is too hard and too costly for everyone concerned. We are offering the service purely as that, a service, at break even point. If people wish to use the service, they will have to be a bit understanding as far as time requirements go, and will have to bend a little to standard "Express" delivery times.

To make things as risk free as possible, our suggestion is for people's gear to be sent to the bowl whereby one of their staffers would have a checklist and keep on top of it. Then on the way back, people can leave their gear at the bowl for collection and it will be sent to their homes.

As far as insurance goes - for the insignificance of the cost, it is well and truly worthwhile.

We have also researched delivery point bulk pick-ups (ie for whole teams) which can then be transported on a sealed pallet and will save significantly on cost.

We would not offer the service in the first instance, if we were not extremely confident both we and Star Track can deliver the goods (excuse the pun there).

Regards.......Max

thanks Max - but just as an offside.....

Have the bowling centres themselves agreed in principle to be the dropoff and collection points, or do we as individuals have to contact the bowls and get it okayed first? Silly question I know, but one that needs to be asked anyway before we all go off and make the arrangements. Would hate for my stuff to be sent to a bowl, and for the staff there to refuse to sign for it.....:(

Broni

Hi Broni

No centre has been contacted as yet, as there are simply too many to contact and to be honest, I have not looked at the program for all types of events as yet.

However, we have done this several times in the past and there has been no issue.

Of course, I would contact each individual centre when we start getting enquiries. I am sure they would welcome it all with open arms as against not having bowlers due to the cost of airlne baggage.

Hope this puts your mind at ease. Rest assured, this will have to be done 'properly' and that is they way it will get done.

Regards.......Max

well done m8 you will save us a lot of hasles with what you doing
if you be at the canberra for the nationals i buy you a drink or two:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom