Travelling

I currently have 12lb ball and will get 13lb new one.

So should i take it in the baggage claim or take with me on the plane? Cause i may get worried about the ball may get damaged on the claim.

You must check your balls at the counter to go in with the suitcases etc, they don't like them in the cabin. Make sure if you have a bevel knife you put that in with your balls as well.

You could think about joining the Qantas club which gives you an extra bag allowance but it's not cheap.

Matt,

Your balls will fit well within your baggage limit. A word of advice tho. Put your bowling shoes in with your carry on baggage, because if the airline loses your check in baggage, balls are easily replaced, but shoes are not. I always put my shoes in my carry on baggage. If you use a wrist positioner of any type, it's also advisable to put that in your carry on as well.

Oh thanks for tip.

Well i am worried about the balls getting hurt during the flight through the claim and that. First of all i have the lock thing, i dont want to end up getting Werribee with two broken balls since the flight!

Matt
the balls are tougher than you think..
in all the years of flying to tournaments Animal, has not yet (touch wood) had a damaged ball .. Bag yes but thats to be expected.
....hint for packing your BOWLING balls:)rolleyes: ) put you bowling towels around them - will give them that bit more protection and also absorb any moisture

I can put them as fragile? That would be fine.

Anyways i will contact Werribee and talk to my family next week about it.

So i have been talking to commitee of Afraura Games in Darwin for May 2011, they asked me i have to go there with a team of Qld. This is very strong because i am going there for the Youth, singles and open events. Anyone knows whats with that?

Back
Top Bottom