Jetstar - Why would anyone travel with this airline?

If going to melbourne that is biggest NO because jetstar will land in avalon it very near to geelong say about 20km, but however from avalon to melbourne city it about 80km that means you will facing huge $$$ roughly $100-200 on taxi, so i am refusing going on jetstar going to melbourne.

Andrew S. said:
Apart from the excess baggage charges now being levied it appears that Jetstar are also in the habit of re-scheduling flights or even cancelling them altogether.
We called our bus company to change a pickup arrangement and the first thing they asked was "Is this a Jetstar flight that was cancelled?"
Seems that the Quantas subsidiary is well known for this. So if you're travelling to Sydney for the Nationals, good luck if you're on Jetstar.
Andrew Virgin is the way to go.

Im a huge Manly Seaeagles fan and living on the Gold Coast ive been able to fly to sydney to seem them play probably 2 dozen times in the last 4 years. IVe always flown virgin and never had anything but exception service.

The only problem ive ever had was a 3 hour delay when their computers crashed only to recieve an email the week after apoligising for the delay and detailing the reasons why.

Geggy said:
I've had no problems with excess baggage charges when flying with Virgin, but last time I had to sign a damage disclaimer before they would allow the 3 ball roller onto the plane. Surprise surprise - the bag was damaged & now collects dust in the shed, & I had no chance of a claim!!
I had that happen to me in Townsville in the early 90's, had a double bag get smashed to buggery by the old Australian Airlines baggage handlers between here and there.
No way of recourse and a double-bag slashed, the zips busted and the plastic base broken in two. Wasn't pleased.

Back
Top Bottom