Interesting President's Shield trivia

Chowny

Staff member
This year is a special one for the McRae Family.

In 1984 @ Mt Gravatt a younger Don and Sally McRae (Dad and Mum) bowled Presidents shield for NSW.

In 2001, Matt McRae bowled presidents shield for NSW Central @ Mt Gravatt.

And finally, Kevin and Sarah McRae once again compete in Presidients shield for NSWS @ Mt Gravatt.

Im quiet sure there has been no other family in President shield's history that have all bowled in a President's Shield competition at the same centre.

What a great day for them all and and i know the whole family (grand parents included) are there cheering on Kevin and Sarah currently competing.

Yes Paul this is a great achievement for the family, and on behalf of the Chown family I would like to send them our congratulation on this special ocassion.They represent a true Ten pin bowling family and are great friends as well. To Don ,Sallie ,Matt, Kevin and Sarah enjoy this amazing time in your lives.Also to Don Snr, Judy and Sallie's mum Wendy who is over from Perth as well. Your Chest must be aching with pride. All the best to you all.

For those of you who didn't know, Judy was a Rachuig bowler too. Hell. She used to bowl league with my mum before I existed! ;-)

Also more information
The brother of Don and our uncle... John McRae was the assistant coach for the 1984 NSW president shield team at Mt Gravatt (a young assistant coach at that).
cheers Matt McRae.

There's one member of the McRae dynasty that never gets any 'press' but is always there quietly standing behind the lanes watching his wife, kids and grandkids bowl.

Grandad Don (they really like the name Don dont they) had his moment in sport in the 1960's when he owned and raced speedcars at the famous Sydney Showground and Westmead speedways.

I know 'cause I was, more often than not, in the other car involved the 'prangs'.

Back
Top Bottom