Innisfail Cyclone Appeal

Jase

Admin
Staff member
If anyone out there can spare even something small.

An Innisfail Cyclone Appeal Fund has been set up.

The number to call is 1800 150 411!!!

Dig deep in a time of need; we never know what’s around the corner:confused:

I'm certain that I can say on behalf of the people of Innisfail and the surrounding communities "Thank you for thinking of them Jason".

Even though I live in country Victoria, I grew up in Innisfail and I am frantically trying to get in touch with some friends up there. I have gone through the Red Cross data bank. Even though I know that they themselves are OK but I doubt if their property survived, I will still worry about them until the phone lines are restored and I can get in touch with them or somebody in their family.

Liz

I'm not sure if you will be able to help me.
But we are trying to get an Australia wide fund raiser going for the Innisfail team to go to the North Queensland Championships, which will be held in Townsville in June.
As you know Category 5 Cyclone Larry tore through Innisfail on Monday morning. The resulting damage is massive. This will result in loss of jobs throughout the region. This centre needs our help!!!! NCZ without Innisfail does not bear thinking about.
John and Georgie will as usual move heaven and earth to get the bowl up and running again. (Last report is that there is a lot of water damage and some of the roof is missing. A lot of the houses in the suburb of Belvedere where the bowl is did not survive!

Anyone got any suggestions on how to set something up ????????

Paypal account.

Ill arrange it for you Jase, and we can set up a donation link to it.

give me 5 minutes!

Actually, on second thoughts, its probably better for you to set it up, as that means you will be the only one that will have access to the funds to transfer.

www.paypal.com.au, and you should link it to your TB email address. ill be the first to put some cash towards the fund!

Ok i think this is a great opportunity for all of Australian bowlers to stand up and be counted. Let’s get behind this appeal give generously and make the difference.

I have set up a pay pal account for us to deposit into.

Just go to http://www.paypal.com.au/au

The account name is [email protected]

I will keep eveyone up dated on how the balance is going.

HI JASON & THE REST OF AUSTRALIA
THANKS FOR THE FAST ACTION ON THIS ONE. THE SUPPORT OF ALL OF THE BOWLING COMMUNITY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I TALKED TO LAURALIE & JASON (THEY HELP MANAGE THE TEAM) THIS MORNING AND THEY ARE GRATEFULL FOR ALL OUR SUPPORT.
I WILL POST PHOTO'S LATER THAT ONE OF MY FRIENDS TOOK OF THE DAMAGE. THEY WERE ONLY A FEW KLM'S FROM THE EYE OF THE CYCLONE. SADLY HIS 70 YEAR OLD PARENTS LOST THEIR HOME!
TO JOHN & GEORGIE, PLEASE KNOW THAT WE ARE HERE FOR YOU AND OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU ~~ WE WILL BACK YOU 110%
PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SMALL CENTRE AND HELP IT TO SURVIVE!
MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE TO THE WONDERFULL BOWLING COMMUNITY OF AUSTRALIA
BERNEDETTE SHELLEY
CAIRNS

No worries Bernedette,

in this short space of time we have raised over 100 dollars so keep it comming guys

Thank you so much Jase and the rest of Australia.

My name is Jess Starkey and I am apart of the Innisfail Team for the NQ Championships. I am one of the lucky ones that live in Cairns and did not have any damage to my home. Though i do know that apart of the Innisfail roof was blowen off and they are not sure when the bowl will open again. Also I know that some of the memebers in the Innisfail team have also lost there roofs and there jobs. It is a hard time for us all. My whole family live in Innisfail and my mum wont be going back to work before Easter because the school that she works in has 17 rooms and 11 of those room can not be used again, 8 of the 11 can not even be walked in. If you guys can lead a hand to my fellow team members it would be greatly appreiciated. I will let my fellow team members know that this has forum has began to help them. Thank you so much again Jaser and Australia

Jess Starkey
Far North Queensland

Could the Managers, Coaches or Players from the Teams effected please contact me ASAP please.

Or does anyone have contact details they can give me??????

Jase
If you want to give me a call on 0439787317 I can pass on any messages to the relevent people.
As far as I have been able to find out, most of the bowlers got thru the blow pretty well. I lost my roof and a heap of gear as well but there are a damn lot of people up here worse off than us, so we can be thankful nobody was seriously injured.
We will be at NCZ...count on it !!!!

Kev Dowley

On behalf of the bowlers in Innisfail, I would like to thank Jase and all who contributed to this appeal for their contributions.

From what I have been able to find out, it appears that in the main most of the bowlers got thru Larry in reasonable condition. Some structural damge to a couple of houses but in the overall context of things we fared OK.

It has been decided to put whatever monies have been raised towards accomodation costs for the inter-city teams which will benefit all members of the team.

While I am here I would also like to thank personally the members of the Cairns Association for their seperate fund raising efforts.

In ending, thankyou to all involved and muchly appreciated by all of us.

Kev Dowley

PS Look as though the centre is still a few weeks away from reopening again.

Any last minute deposits people as this is being transferred on Monday?????????

It’s for a good cause and any little bit helps!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom