IGNORANT, ARROGANT or STUPID

Do you think everyone averaged 200+ 20 - 30 years ago. The Sport was bigger and better back then. Credability is a problem today in the scores bowled
In the 60's to the early 80's it was very different, you were unable to have a ditch or block lanes and when someone bowled 300 it was news, big news !!! because it was an achievement , something very hard to do
Today it is oh yeah 300 , big deal !!!!, how many is that this week !!!!
Sorry but the sport, the game is a sham today designed to make people who are very average players look very good.... Thats not sport.

Do you think everyone averaged 200+ 20 - 30 years ago. The Sport was bigger and better back then. Credability is a problem today in the scores bowled
In the 60's to the early 80's it was very different, you were unable to have a ditch or block lanes and when someone bowled 300 it was news, big news !!! because it was an achievement , something very hard to do
Today it is oh yeah 300 , big deal !!!!, how many is that this week !!!!
Sorry but the sport, the game is a sham today designed to make people who are very average players look very good.... Thats not sport.

sure these things are easier than they were 20 -30 years ago but the thing is they are still difficult.
the average joe cant walk in off the street, drill up a high performance reactive ball, jump on the lanes and start shooting a 200 average.
even with the aid of these "super" reactive balls and "ditched" lanes, you still need a bit of skill to achieve 200 averages, 600/700 series, etc.

Don't confuse Anger with Passion, the difference is huge.
I guess i see a game that was once based upon Skill, basics and accuracy develop or fall into a game that has Skill , some basics and very little accuracy.
Sorry but the game was never meant to be easy to ave 200 and bowling a 300 game was a huge national achievement that happened once in a lifetime if you were lucky and for a very few extrordinary people it happened mutiple times
The reality today is that a 300 is something you do when your a junior 3 times and as an adult 15 times.
Please I am not angry I am really passionate about a game and sport that has been a massive part of my life for 40 years.

300's are very similar to a hole in one in golf as they were both extremely hard years ago but as technology has advance is now common achievements among better players.

300's are very similar to a hole in one in golf as they were both extremely hard years ago but as technology has advance is now common achievements among better players.

BS!

Hole in ones will never, EVER be as common as a 300 game.

BS!

Hole in ones will never, EVER be as common as a 300 game.

i dunno androooo....

how many 300's were bowled last year?

i know there was at least 20 - 30 holes in one at my golf club last year let alone the whole country.

would be cool to compare the statistics if someone has them.

A lot more people play golf these days compared to bowling

I am a better than scratch golfer... I've had 2 hole in ones in 20+ years

I am a 220 average (league) bowler... I've had 5 300's in the last 5 years

Go figure

yes but anyone in golf can get a hole in one if they can get it on the green.
for example a 32 handicapper just recently got one at my club.
however the bowling equivalent (about a 120 average or so) has no chance in hell of bowling a 300.
i am still yet to see or hear of anyone with less than 180 - 190 average bowl a 300.

yes but anyone in golf can get a hole in one if they can get it on the green.
for example a 32 handicapper just recently got one at my club.
however the bowling equivalent (about a 120 average or so) has no chance in hell of bowling a 300.
i am still yet to see or hear of anyone with less than 180 - 190 average bowl a 300.

You must be kidding. Doesn't happen all the time, but sub-170 average bowlers do shoot 300's occasionally. IIRC, the 'record' is 114 average. We had a guy on a 150-odd average throw 300 in practice with 19 in a row a month ago.

How often do you think a 32 handicapper _hits_ a green, let alone aces one?

They are very different games
The condition for Golf is mostly nature
The condition for Bowling is set
There the problem begins

Not sure they make Golf clubs or Golf balls yet that hit the target when you miss
hit the ball by a long way

they certainly make Golf Drivers that are much more forgiving for a bad shot than they used to be... not to mention the extra length you can get thanks to the club heads being made of titanium and the like.

A lot more people play golf these days compared to bowling

I am a better than scratch golfer... I've had 2 hole in ones in 20+ years

I am a 220 average (league) bowler... I've had 5 300's in the last 5 years

Go figure

You are just a freak :D

That is in now way a comparison. Hole in ones are 90% luck and 10% getting it on the green. Bowling a 300 nowadays is the opposite. 90% getting it in the pocket and 10% knocking all 10 pins over 12 times in a row.

Trampoline face drivers are outlawed in tourney play for golfers and a ball that went straight no matter what never got approved(id miss my right to left ball flight if i had one of those!!). The drivers that are still legal are scary enough!!!!!! At least a bowling ball cant get any bigger. Cant imagine a bowling ball or 2 getting banned, the SOB in 1991 was the one chance of anything like that happening, it didnt so here we are i guess.......

Back
Top Bottom