How long does one have to wait for an award?

JacKool

King of Nerds
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me?, I bowled a 300 a year ago, and payed for my ring 3 days later, 13/05/05 - 16/5/05, and I am still, almost 1 year later, waiting for my ring to arrive.
I have asked everyone at Keon Park to help and to my knowledge they have tried everything they could to get me my ring.
Now I bowled it in an M.T.B.A. league, but I was told that the ring was coming from the T.B.A., so I don't know what has happened.
All I can say is that I am getting sick and tired waiting so long for something I payed for a year ago.
I am not a happy chappy, I think that this should have been resolved atlease 6 months ago.
I have no complaints about my placque or cheveron or the money prize, as they were all prompt, but this is quite rediculous having to wait a year for something.

So if anyone has a contact e-mail addy or something that can help, I would be greatly appreciative.

I know it seems that I am having a windge, but I don't care if that is how it looks, the point is that I WANT WHAT I PAYED FOR!

Hoping to see replies :)

- Jackool (Simon Jackson)

Simon just found this on the TBA web site , so you need to contact National Awards GOOD LUCK WITH THAT
:confused:

IMPORTANT NOTICE
23rd September 2005 - Tenpin Bowling Australia wish to advise all centres and associations that the TBA national office will no longer be handling the sales of TBA awards and merchandise (chevrons, plaques, jewellery etc) All orders will now go directly through our supplier, National Awards. For minimal disruption to the awards ordering process please use this new order form for all stock that National Awards carries. We thank you for you continued patronage and your cooperation through this transition period. If you have any queries regarding these changes, please contact the TBA office for assistance.

Simon,

Why don’t you email Peter Coburn and ask him? Perhaps the paper work has been lost. I just wouldn't suggest a disgruntled approach until you find out exactly what’s happened. I am not sure even if he is the right person to contact but a good place to start.

His email address is [email protected]

Hope that helps

Thankyou Jay K, I will check that out and see if I need to re-apply through these guys for the ring.

Thankyou again. :D

Jackool

Jase said:
Simon,
Why don’t you email Peter Coburn and ask him? Perhaps the paper work has been lost. I just wouldn't suggest a disgruntled approach until you find out exactly what’s happened. I am not sure even if he is the right person to contact but a good place to start.
His email address is [email protected]
Hope that helps

Thankyou Jase, Mr. Coburn actually contacted me and he is very kindly helping me out with the matter. :D
I do, however, apoligize for my attitude with my first post, but I have been frustrated. I don't mean to sound like a short tempered guy, as I said I am just frustrated.

Anyway thankyou to those who have replied to my post, I am very greatful. :D

Kindest Regards,
Simon Jackson (Jackool)

Hey Simon,

Peter was the guy I contacted when my 300 ring didn't rock up for about 6 months.

After I spoke to Peter, I received my ring within the next month.
So I believe Peter is the right guy to talk to, b/c he will help you out & you will get your ring sooner than later..

Alan Notman

noddy said:
Hey Simon,
Peter was the guy I contacted when my 300 ring didn't rock up for about 6 months.
After I spoke to Peter, I received my ring within the next month.
So I believe Peter is the right guy to talk to, b/c he will help you out & you will get your ring sooner than later..
Alan Notman

Hey Alan,

Thanks mate, I have contacted him and he is looking into it for me :D
I hope it all goes well, although, I am sure it will. :D

Kindest Regards,
Simon Jackson (Jackool)

one of the reasons why i didnt pay for a ring. I also had to wait 9 months for my money from the 2000 nationals and 2.5 years for my 300 plaque which was personally delivered by Peter Coburn. The problem is the TBA would have trouble organising anything.

Matthew Lambrick

Resurrection said:
one of the reasons why i didnt pay for a ring. I also had to wait 9 months for my money from the 2000 nationals and 2.5 years for my 300 plaque which was personally delivered by Peter Coburn. The problem is the TBA would have trouble organising anything.
Matthew Lambrick

Matthew,

Sometimes paid work is put before volunteer work. I am guessing there aren’t enough helping hands in TBA for all the bowlers in Australia. We can’t expect people to be on call 24/7 voluntary for anyone.

This is just one of a myriad of reasons why we need to elect PAID officials for our TBA board. Where's the accountability when an official can simply say they aren't responsible for the day to day business of running our sport's governing body.

When you think about it, our current fees of ten measly dollars is nothing. Most sports cost a whole lot more to become members of their National Body.

As an aside, I was seriously considering nominating for the TBA Board of Directors, with my sights firmly set on the chairperson position. I chose not to throw my name into the ring for one reason and one reason only. Simply put, I could not afford to donate my time to the postion without remuneration. I can guarantee you that I would not only accept all responsibility for oversights and errors, but would be the most approachable chairperson in the history of Australian Bowling. Yes, it's a 24/7 job. Isn't it about time we elected someone with not only a passion for bowling but someone who could afford (via a salary) to devote their complete attention to the problems at hand.

What does everyone think of a $20 increase in sanctioning / membership fees?
Think of what it could mean...Our best coaches would no longer have to seek a national coaching position offshore, as did Eric Jang, Chris Batson, Andrew Frawley, Sid Allen and most recently Mike Griffith. The extra funds could not only pay salaries, but would also be used to underwrite a grass roots junior bowling program involving each and every bowling centre in this country. This would in turn eventually lead to more league members and a successful future for the sport in Australia.

I agree with Wayne here, I have been throwing the idea of extra sanction fees around in my head for quite some time now. But not only 20 bucks but maybe 50 bucks ($1 a week is not alot) but for that i would expect to get something back. I understand that the current positions are voluntary and i know that it is a very difficult job.

At this current point in time what the top 10 % of bowlers get back for their sanction fees is simply the eligibility to bowl in tournaments. For someone like myself who cant afford to bowl these events i pay my money and get back nothing, i have all the awards i can get so it offers me nothing really in return. Don't get me wrong i am quite willing to put forward my cash for the betterment of the game but at the momnet I can't see any betterment occurring.

My suggestion is as with a few other previous posts regarding sanctioning bodies is basically to disband them all and start again from scratch with one national body and a body for each state/territory. Each state/territory communicates details of their sanctioned bowlers and this then becomes structured and in my opinion the only way our much loved leisure time activity will grow to a respected sport according to the governments. This then will attract sponsors and funding.

This country would easily have 50000 registered members and at $40 a bowler (discounts for pensioners/juniors accounted for) there is 2 million to put toward junior development, awards, wages, tournaments etc etc.

This is just an idea but as i have said many times before the older great bowlers in this country need to put back in to bowling what it has given so much to them, whether it be Bradford, Frawley, Ryan, Bridges, etc. This is the time we need them the most.

Regards Matthew Lambrick

Resurrection said:
I agree with Wayne here, I have been throwing the idea of extra sanction fees around in my head for quite some time now. But not only 20 bucks but maybe 50 bucks ($1 a week is not alot) but for that i would expect to get something back. I understand that the current positions are voluntary and i know that it is a very difficult job.
Resurrection,

I realise that it is very difficult in any organisation which is reliant on some people putting in many hours of unpaid work each week.

However I believe that $50 sanction fees will be too much for many registered members (despite the proposed discounts for juniors and seniors). You say that $1 a week is not a lot - but it is not paid on a weekly basis.

If it were to be paid weekly (monthly? quarterly?) then there are additional overheads associated with the collection of the fees, as well as increased likelihood that some people would "drop out" at some time during the year.

Jennie

Although I don't disagree with Matt on some of his points - what is it that is being achieved by getting more money??

We have to think of the various "interest" groups that particiapate in League Bowling and Tournament Bowling. We have Junior / Adult / Senior bowlers, and of these we have Serious Tournament / Occassional Tournament / Social League / Serious League, Bowlers. We have bowlers that bowl once a week, we have bowlers that bowl many times per week.
Is it fair that a Social Bowler who bowls one league per week in a Country Town League, pays the same as the Serious Tournament Bowler that bowls League 5 times per week??

Cheers,

Vaughnn

Hi,

I did not bowl a 300 but a 298 at Forest Hill and that was in October last year and to this point I am still waiting for my watch. I know it does not mean a lot but I stand by the principal. Hey Daniel, did you get your ring yet?

Can anyone help me here?

Leo

A very good post , but being a middle of the road bowler in the 40 to 50 age group i wonder now why i am paying sanction fees at all. It would be wonderfull to have someone available to answer questions ,but i think you will have your work cut out convincing 95% of bowlers to pay extra for the 5% to benefit.

Leo what league did you bowl it in ?
Who is it sanctioned with ?
Did the league secretary put in the appropiate paperwork?
I think you need answers to the above questions and you may get your watch.
Andrew Buckle
CTBAM
Assistant Secretary

andrew buckle said:
Andrew Buckle
CTBAM
Assistant Secretary
what about recognition for 300 games???? i've bowled three, two in 2002 and one in 2005, all the paperwork was filled in and sent off but still no recognition, i spoke to peter briefly about 2 weeks before i bowled my 300 game last year and joked with him it would be easier to just bowl another 300 than to try and chase up the paperwork, i did that :) and still no dice. ](*,)
And before anyone asks, they were bowled in sanctioned leagues, the balls were legal and so were the pins.

Try this for waiting!I tossed my 300 at mildura during the 2000 country cup and still not a cracker! At the time it was around the change over from atbc to tba and i was asured it was coming. Every 6 months i chased it up as so did our president eric harrison but to no avail. In the end i almost chucked the game away in pure frustration. gary van steins did all the paper work that night, rob garioch weighed the balls and did all the checks then it was all sent off. So if your pissed after a year try waiting 6.
Over it now though.

Hearing all your stories, my 2 month (so far) for anything (cash, plaque, certificate whatever) doesnt seem too bad, however something needs to be done about this very very soon.

If we can't get any recognition for the 'pinnacle' of our sport, why bother?

andrew buckle said:
Andrew Buckle
CTBAM
Assistant Secretary

Andrew,

The league was Wednesday Invitational. Ball was weighed, pins were checked, paperwork handed in to Michelle at Forest Hill.

I dont think it is now my responsibility to chase after her to get my watch? If so, why in the name of bowling, am I paying for sanctioning?

Leo

Back
Top Bottom