Mildura Marathon

milkman

Hey guys,

I rang Mildura a few days ago, to see if I could put my name down for the marathon, I was told that I would have to go on a waiting list, as the bowlers who were there this year, already filled all the spots.

How can this be fair for anyone who hasnt bowled? There should be some sort of date cutoff, then out of the hat type draw, or maybe if you were in the last 5 teams or something, you have to go into the hat ... or something like that.

I appreciate its best to get in early, but I also cant see how its fair for people who werent at the tournament to actually get to the bowl tournament.

I know Rob Garioch was called regarding this question, so hopefully he reads this, and has a comment.

Im not having a dig, I just think there would be a better way to approach a very popular tournament :)

Hi Cameron,

I agree with your comments to a certain degree but my question to you is, is it fair to the bowlers that have participated in our tournament for 9, 10, 11 and 12 years to miss out when they have not missed a year in that time?

I feel that if we did not accomadate these regular bowlers then we would possibly lose them.

There was actually a couple of vacant spots but they filled quickly.

We would love to be able to fit everyone in but it is just not possible. The one year that we did have more bowl, we started at midday Saturday and finished at 7pm Sunday. Great weekend but it was murder on the bowlers.

The other positive is to have a full and popular tournament, this is better than not having the numbers and have your tournament dissappear.
It is not often that you have a tournament that is not a major or big city tournament that prospers like this one has.

Sorry you were not able to get in this year.

Rob

LOL

in times of crisis, this is so funny :D :D

a tournament thats too popular :lol: :lol:

just put me down for 2015, i'll use it as a warm up for senior shield

keep up the good work, maybe you should expand your efforts into another quality event and as well a youth and ladies event, hey i got to keep you's on ya toes :wink:

look forward to coming up and seeing the fresh new changes that will be in place over the next few months

If there are that many entries why not have 2 squads :D lets say one on friday night and one on saturday night

I dont know much about the tournament but that would add to the prize fund and linage for the centre. image the parties :D

hey brett

the only problem with doing that is making the staff work 48 hours straight virtually

this is the greatest marathon in australia i therefore suggest if you are not bowling get on a waiting list. last year my partner became sick during the week leading upto the event and i was given a partner and it proved to be a nice choice to still bowl.you never know some people might pull out.i will be back every year.the tip is to get in early because this is not an event to be missed.

i bowled in the 60 game and it was great but my team went to put our names down for this year on the sunday after it finish and it was full so really first in best dressed i wish more bowlers could compete but myself like some of you i am on the waiting list and hoping some one will pull out

Hi Rob,
I'm sure you could find some temp staff from Noarlunga! Having just bowled against your U25's, Lorraine (it is Lorraine right?) could tell you about the high level of respect we've got for your bowlers ... even though Jessica gave me hell all weekend ... hehe.

There are a few of us down here (staff members) that are very interested in coming up, and I'm sure the others would help you out!

Or, is running two squads over two weekends a possibility? (Or two marathons)

Regards,
Daniel
AMF Noarlunga

Back
Top Bottom