How big of a curve can YOU get with a plastic!

S

SwitchAxe

Well just a fun post wondering how big of a curve/hook you guys can get with a cheapy plastic ball. I can hook it good enough on a heavily oiled lane to go over seconf arrow and hit pocket..On dry lanes its a different story.

On a heavier oiled lane, probably through 15 out to about 8 or 10. On a drier lane and many trashed house shots, probably about 15 out to 5 produces a decent shot. Or if it's really dry (which I have to be honest, I don't encounter too often - except capalaba where I kept leaving the 4-pin with my plastic ;) ) I can throw it through 20 or further out to 8 or 10 and have it come back.

If I really slow it down, through about 25 or more out to 5-ish. But that's pretty slow to do that.

Coast to Coast with a slow enough ball speed. Plastic used to be the hookingest material there was once, remember!

Try using an Ebonite clear Pinball, drilled leverage, sanded to 600...

Can get about 6" flare, and cover about 20 boards easily.

I sometimes right handed in practise when I have had enough I throw my plastic ball slower then a normal shot and a few times I have brang it of 3ish board all way over and taken out 7 pin or some times fall in gutter just before 7pin.Even sometimes when in league playing and im having a good game and wining by alot il throw my plastic slow with a load of revs just to get 7 pin.

I have also with a 6 pounder left handed going at a decent speed not slow but not fast brang it of 5 board to get the ten pin.

John,
Re: your signature, mate... That's not a very nice thing to say about Brunswick! ;-) (Spell check perhaps..?)
Cheers,
Jason

i cant turn that much with my plastic but i picked up a light dot and the ball just speed down the lane it was about a second after i let go of it it deflected of the head pin

With my thumb in the ball I couldn't hook a resin down the side of a hill let alone a plastic..lol
Two fingers and no thumb I could probably move it a fair bit.

on heavy oil i could get it to move maybe 20 boards, maybe a little more depending on the pattern, it just wont carry though, all those revs and no acceleration, no real point to it.

Now, if i picked up the yellow dot... lookout! :lol:

John Khan raises a good point about practising with a plastic ball. I recommend this to everyone, as it really sharpens your swing and you'll get more 10-pin practise too! (Meaning extra shots per game for your money!) ;)

Back
Top Bottom