Hammer Classic 2013

Hi Carol. I can't remember if I registered last year but either way, can you put me down for "A" squad please. Also, is there a family room available at the motel - Jeff and Jill will share with Di and I. I will call Brian today if I get a chance but if not, can you advise if you can reserve a family room for us. I will direct credit the deposit when I get a chance. Thanks in advance. Glenn Lennell

Hi Brian,
I was wondering why A squad is having to bowl first on both days.
In the past it seems that the afternoon squad has scored better on each day.
It would seem that A squad is being disadvantaged in both scoring and having to get up early on both days.
Also, with the change from 10 games day one to 12 games, us older players tend to struggle a bit after ten games( myself from past experiences).
With only 6 games on day 2, it will be harder to make up ground if one has a bad day 1, once again going from personal experience.
Last year I had a shocker day 1, but with 8 games and the afternoon squad, I made good ground on the leaders. If it had only been 6 games - no chance, as it took my the first 2 games on day 2 to sort out balls & Lines before I made my charge.
If the format is to remain as listed for next year, I would prefer to switch to B squad.
I'm looking at an operation on my knee (hopefully soon), but if it doesn't eventuate before January, I will be definitely bowling.
Food for thought.
Regards Brien S

Good Morning all.
wow what a job I have just had sorting all you guys out.
As you know we opened up to allow 54 bowlers per squad
I have now finished placing most of you in your perferred squad according to timing of 2012 Diary, ATBSO Nationals, phone calls, emails and postings here. I know I can't please everyone but I have tried to accommodate you all, but I'm sure that there will be some in B Squad who will have booked flights and now will want to change so please contact me by email [email protected] as soon as you can

the following did not get B Squad but I have put you in A Squad and also as reserves for B Squad
Greg Langford
Jim Murray
Joe Gatt
John Carroll
John Sullivan
Mick Talevski
Paul McCammon
Brien Show Yin - you had nominated A Squad originally and unfortunately B Squad was full by the time you asked to swap so you are still in A Squad

In answer to a couple of queries
Why change the format
After long and hard discussions this was thought to be the best solution to giving more bowlers an opportunity to bowl
[quote - It would seem that A squad is being disadvantaged in both scoring and having to get up early on both days]
B Squad wont finish till late,late saturday night,so also not fair to expect them to bowl Sunday morning.
[quote- with the change from 10 games day one to 12 games, us older players tend to struggle a bit after ten games]
there will be a break after 6 games for oiling in both squads on Saturday - may help the oldies to get through as the lanes get to dry otherwise

As I wanted to get the squad list up asap the deposits paid are not up to date, so please allow me time to do that this weekend, and those who have not yet paid a deposit please do so asap to ensure your spot (especially B Squad)

Regards
Carol

Attachments

• 2013 Hammer Classic Squads.xls
    27 KB · Views: 109
  • Seniors Hammer Classic 2013.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 88
HI Carol,

Could you please move Brenton Davy, Andy McKay and Richard Brown to "A" Squad and add Paul McCammon to "A" Squad. Thanks.

changes made
A SQUAD - in -Brenton Davy, Andy McKay, Richard Brown, Paul McCammon & Bob Hardie, Ronald Hine - now full
B SQUAD - in - Brien Show Yin, Greg Langford, Joe Gatt, John Sullivan, Rob Szumau- now full

Deposits are now required to hold your spot, as both squad are considered full
Please advise if you are not able to bowl if you are listed, so that reserves may have the opportunity to plan as well
regards
Carol

Hi Carol. I have paid the full fee today - it should go into the Caboolture Bowl account tomorrow. Can you confirm if there was a family room available at the Morayfield Hotel or alternatively, can you give me the number and I will call them direct. Cheers

Hi Carol,
Sorry I have to pull out of the tournament, especially after you went to all the trouble of changing squads for me.
I won't be needing the booking for the tavern either.
I am having a knee operation in 2 weeks, and have been advised that I won't be up to flying until February.
Not sure how long before I will be able to bowl again.
Regards
Brien S

Glad your having that knee done Brian. 'Bout time. Give it 10-12 weeks, and lots of physio before you bowl again. Best of luck, Brenda

hi carol,

can you add me to the A squad reserve list please.

Rob Chinner.

whats the situation with spots if your nominating for the World Seniors.

Hi Carol,
Sorry I have to pull out of the tournament, especially after you went to all the trouble of changing squads for me.
I won't be needing the booking for the tavern either.
I am having a knee operation in 2 weeks, and have been advised that I won't be up to flying until February.
Not sure how long before I will be able to bowl again.
Regards
Brien S

Back
Top Bottom