Frilingos and Simpson too good in Darwin!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Congratulations to George Frilingos and Rebecca Simpson for taking the Arafura Singles Classic. :)

In contrasting pathways, George Frilingos lead from Game 2 of the finals and was unchallenged for the lead, finishing a clear 200 from 2nd place Ronald Voukolos. Over night leaders Cameron Walsh and Bruno Maglieri, dropping down to 3rd and 5th respectively.

In the first final, Ronald took on 3rd placing Cameron Walsh with Drew Charlton who rounded out 4th place. Ronald making quick work of the 2 right handers who appeared to struggle on the challenging lanes.

In the mens final the home town legend took on Australia's No.1 ranked bowler. It was an all left handed battle, Frilingos proving too strong mid game to seal the win throwing strikes in frames 6 to 9. After leaving a solid 6-8 out of the pocket and missing a 7 pin Ronald never looked comfortable against the top seed. Frilingos, just banged them in there, winning the match 229 to 189.

In the womens final it was an all righty affair and local against local as Rebecca Simpson took on the winner of the 1st semi final Michelle Halprin. Michelle and Rebecca exchanging the lead several times during the match.

In an absolute nail biter, Rebecca needed 2 strikes in the 10th frame to steal the win in the sudden death final. Rebecca sealed the deal by just banging them in there! Rebecca threw 2 strikes and a 6 count to give her the win, 176 to 170.

A great run tournament on a challenging wood surface. A big thank you to June and the Bowl staff for the hard work they put into the event. Thank you to Ian Nichol who provided live scores for the world to see.

This week, Perth!

Well done Old School Cam......George, I cannot believe you have written a congrats post about yourself!!! That cracks me up!

Photos of 2006 Arafura Classic

Attachments

• 2006Men.JPG
    2006Men.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 2006winners.jpg
    2006winners.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 2006women.JPG
    2006women.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 90
How bout those apples then new schoolers!!! Nice comeback from that rough patch in games 11-12 George and welcome back to Cameron Walsh too.

congrats to both of you.

i think its fine that george wrote the article like that, gave all of us that werent there a chance to no what happend.

To George & Rebecca well done to both of you. Great to see Cameron up near the top, and George well done on the self promo, you should be proud of your achievements so far in your career. See you in Melb.
Lovey

Well done George and Bec.

I don't find anything wrong the so-called "self promotion" - who else would post the results here? As Steve stated, you should be proud of your achievements George and this is just another feather in your hat. Well done champ. =D>

Feral

Well done George nothing like blowing your own trumpet when no one else will. ;)

And before you all jump down my throat it is a joke and George knows it is.

You threw the ball well all weekend George, even if we lost count on how many 7-9's you threw, and the shot between the legs was priceless.;)

Kellie

George well done once again, great display of trick shots and showing us all how to leave 7-9's consistently. You did that so well and all along the way managing to keep daylight between you and the field in the Match Play.

Also good to see Cam back bowling well again, and Jase hope the shoulder held up ok and was good for the Barras.... nothing worse than letting Cam real it in......

I would also like to say commiserations to Pearson on missing the cut by only 1 pin…. bad luck mate you tried your heart out only to get run down on a tough and FRIED condition….:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ian did a great Job with the scores.
Thanks to June and the Bowl staff for the hard work they put into the event.
See you all at the Games in 2007

The post was a joke that was continued on from someone else who set a new 'trend' for posting results. It was a bit of fun, glad some people got a laugh out of it.

I wonder how George will go this weekend in Perth, I'll have to wait and see I guess :D

Hey well if it is a new trend next time i get lost i will post and take the mickey out of myself LOL. Good luck in Perth George!

I wonder how George will go this weekend in Perth, I'll have to wait and see I guess
Bet he is the greatest bowler in WA this weekend :rolleyes:
Just read his review ..........................;)
Gary..................................................................:cool:

when you walk the walk, then you can get away with talking the talk!!!!!

Well done to both George and Rebecca on their wins...bit of a boost for you Bec, there aint nuthin like the home centre advantage ;) !!!!!

Broni & Jagga

Back
Top Bottom