NSW Open 2006 Results

Easy Tiger

Good to see it getting huge publicity..

Anyway,

Congratulations to Andrew McArthur on winning the 2006 NSW Open at Mt Druitt, held this weekend. Andrew held off challenger (?) George Frilingos in the final to take the men's title.

Congrats also to Jayde Flannagan for taking out the ladies, defeating Rebecca Simpson in the final.

Also congrats to George for shooting a 297 today in Round Two, and to Andrew McArthur for a 299 in qualifying yesterday.

Brandon Qualischefski and Michael Little were eliminated in the Semi-finals in the men's, while Ann-Maree Putney and Michelle Halprin were eliminated in the Semi-finals in the ladies.

Full results here

Looks like the pattern played fairly tough..

PS - George.. what on earth happened in the final?

Everything was fine until I hit lanes 5&6, I dare say the toughest lanes I've ever bowled on. No excuses though, Andrew bowled great when it counted and deserve the win. Best of 5 certainly sorted out the field, several matches went the distance.

As for the 297, I truly let it go great, I couldnt have bowled it any better I cant explain what happen, crowd ceratinly liked it, I was a tad dissappointed (dam that Carl Bottomly's 28 perfecto's).

Congrats to Jayde and Bec, a tough 5 gamer went down to the 10th frame in the last, Jayde securing the victory with a spare. Nice format, just a little dissappointing the bowl was half way to Africa (maybe a little exageration).

Back
Top Bottom