FINDING A HEAD TECH

but how many hrs per week are the expected to work?, how much overtime? is it permanent, casual etc, it is 50k per year at only $17 an hr that is a crapload of hrs so you could see why somone might not want it

Our head tech is paid in excess of $20.00 per hour with all meals provided free of charge whilst on shift.
This is a permanent/part time position.
Some weeks 30 - 35 hours per week; in busy times, yes it can be up to 50 hours per week and yes he is on call for any major breakdown - but is paid for that call in.
His current year to date is in excess of $54,000.00.
Why should a Head Tech not be expected to fill other rolls such as R&M. If his backend duties are up to date and there are no problems should he just hide in his 'back end' area? whilst still being paid in excess of $20.00 per hour.
As far as I am concerned back end staff are no different to any other staff - they, as are Control and Cafe Staff all paid to do the job and .. there is no 'I' in team!!
All Staff in this Bowl are being paid well in excess of $17.00 per hour !!
Maybe you just have not been lucky enough to find generous and supportive owners whose business is not just all about the 'bottom line' - it is also about nurturing the Sport - that is why I have great Staff
Yours in Tenpin
Gayle Elton
Centre Manager.

A tech doing their job would never be hiding in his 'backend' area. There is always a job to be done, even if the machinery doesn't break down. The work lays in keeping ahead of the trouble, parts checks, cleaning & lubing, etc.
If you're like me, you have about 5 times too much work with not enough help. What can I say, our previous technicians decided to put a bit of the 'feel' voodoo onto our machines, & now I'm paying the price as the lone part-time casual tech, not to mention how frustrated our league bowlers can become.

Anyways, perhaps you need to look at making it a full time position. it's not just hours & money thats a problem with this career path - offering it as a full time position with full time benefits may attract attention. If we hurt our selves & can't work, we don't have an income on part time terms. Sometimes security in a job means more than hourly rates.

Just my opinion.

I'm not interested in the job but that is pretty good money for a bowl...
if i wanted the job, i would want to work a normal 38 hr week mon to fri and work weekends when needed, thats how it should go. the biggest problem with finding good tech is that there all have had it with been put down cause there backend and there the scum of the bowl.. thats my thought on it, as i was a head tech and got treated like nothing (i did work for AMF).:D

Back
Top Bottom