Signs your centre ain't doing so good!

androooo

hmmmmm......
Staff member
Time for a bit of a laugh again I think. This topic was posted on the Bowl-Tech forum, and was pretty cool.
The scary thing is, most of these things have happened!!

Sign by the cash register....Do not use this register to make change....it uses too much register tape!

We're rinsing out our garbage bags at night..getting a couple weeks out of them!!

LANE STRIPPER!! HA!! We use vinegar!

The thermometer says 14 degrees. You go to turn the heat up & the owner says to only turn it up if customers come in.

Don’t change that fluro yet, it still works ½ the time.

A league bowler considers "some bowlers taking up a collection" so the screwed, mismatched, illegible monitors can be repaired.

Counter attendant's job is to take the 2-ply toilet paper and separate it to get twice as much use out of it.

I just found this. This is a story of a centre in USA, and I did check it out....it is true!! hahaha

At one time or another every center has either a horrible manager, mechanic, or owner. Ours was in the form of a lease-to-buy owner whom we will call Mr. Proprietor. Mr. Proprietor felt the cost of electricity was too great, and so when the electric company pulled the meter, (Mr. Proprietor would switch it back on after they turned it off) his next option was a generator. The generator was a huge diesel model which rested out the back door. It consumed roughly a barrel a day. The poor mechanic, who was trying to ride out the pitiful Mr. Proprietor era, would pump the fuel in each morning. Besides the constant power fluctuations, (which would later cause lots of headaches for the mechanic and I) sometimes on a busy night, more fuel was needed before the night was through. After such a day, the mixed league was beginning practice when the lights began to fluctuate with the generator sputtering for diesel.
Everyone began looking around as if the whole place were about to come down on top of them. Mr. Proprietor called to the back hollering "We need more power!!" The mechanic was already on it. He was pumping as fast as he could, but the inadequate pump only dispensed about what was being burned up at the time.. He was in the back pumping as fast as possible, Mr. Proprietor was hollering, the bowlers were stunned-beginning to giggle. Finally, the lights planed out and league resumed. Needless to say, the ill methods used by Mr. Proprietor soon lead to his with drawl from the center one dark night with only a broken key in the lock as a reminder of his existence. That was several years ago, but countless stories still float around the center of his incompetence. We are thankful the original owners regained control and turned the center around, and that the league bowlers all trusted the owners and returned after what is now commonly referred to as "Mr. Proprietor Era"

Well now I know why I gave this sport away! I have just sat and read the world according to FLESH.

You now FLESH (who ever you are) and I think now I know (NEVILLE - NO BODY). Your question in regards to a coach has been answered and I'm sure if you went up to any of the boys from last years Rachuig Team they will tell all you need to know about the role of a coach and if your still unsure about what they do then he manages Canberra International Bowl his name is Rob Zikman and I'm sure Rob would be only too happy to talk you through the whole process.

I guess Smithy touched on the real issue once again there is a bowler out there in the Canberra region that has a god given talent and hasnt put up and had a go at making the team, just happy to sit back and judge, Flesh you have never been there so dont judge the guys that are out there doing the best they can year after year.

Its not easy for anyone to sit in the stands and watch our guys miss single pins I could only be there for one day last year and I saw the boys miss several single pins but the difference is Flesh I've been there, more than most, and I know what goes through you head in that situation.

Mate keep your high sanctioned all events total and you sailing 200+ league average real bowlers dont judge they get out there and prove it. It always easy to pick at the few negatives but did you happen to see and posititives like the come back day 2 and 3, NO I gues not becasue blokes like you always seem to miss that bit.

Goochie

Signs your centre aint doing so good.
Interesting Question.
Perhaps it might be when you have a few problems with your finger inserts during a tournament - and the pro-shop is locked shut.
Forcing you to muddle your way through the event the best you can.
Possibly when it is open only on a Monday 5PM to 8PM and Wednesday 5PM to 8PM and when you finally get some new inserts put in your ball, the pro-shop operator completely ruins them to the point where they have to be pulled out after two balls on instruct-o-mat before league, forcing you to grab and old ball of the rack to use for the first couple of frames, resulting in you having to get a new pair of inserts and asking for the original pro-shop operator (who is a much more professional operator than the current one, mind you) to re-install them - properly
I think both people are very nice people but, in a pro-shop you want someone who is skilled in the art of current technology, drillings and many other important aspects.
From the evidence I saw the other night, I will be forced to travel 202kms to get a ball drilled because, if that's what happens to a simple installation of inserts, then I really don't want to see what happens to a ball being drilled.
Let me say this, I am far from happy with the situation.
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Thankyou VERY MUCH Andrew Phillips for helping me out with such promptness and professionalism in regard to this very annoying situation.
Matty Cramond

icon_cool.gif
ITS THE EYE OF THE TIGER
icon_cool.gif

yeh i had my ball drilled by the currant pro shop operator and i think andrew knows lots more.
he has drilled two balls of mine and at least he drilled a weight hole in me ball.
when i asked the guy for a weight hole he said what do u need one of them for!!!
i think andrew sould be allowed to work as pro shop operater again because i know lots of people will back me up when i say that andrew know nearly THE most about balls and other stuff about bowling

icon_cool.gif
marsh
icon_cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom