Does Your Bowling Centre Need A Face Lift?

Does Your Bowling Centre Need A Face Lift?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeoffS

Warped Total Bowler
Hey everyone, just following on from the thread "AMF Face Lift?" does your bowling centre need a face lift? whether it be amf, brunswick or privately owned.

Starting off Queensland's number 1 bowling centre that needs a face lift is Rockhampton! About 90% of the staff are rude and especially on the weekends when the social bowlers are in, as soon as they bowl the last ball of their game the guy behind the counter drops the screen down and switches off the lanes. To me that isnt really good PR at all, plus he always is in a snappy mood which doesnt help when you get a few sociallies with a few ale's under their belt. Also out the front of the bowl they have these old yellow tiles that basically cover the whole front wall with a red sign in the middle, how un-inviting is that?

As for leagues and tournaments well anyone that has been to Rockhampton or bowls in Rockhampton knows what im saying when i say those lanes arent worth a pinch of s*&#. The lane washer and the oiling machine are 1970's models right back when the bowling centre was actually openned. People say that they must still have the same original keg of oil as well. Majority of the time up there you could shoot a five board line with a plastic ball and still get a decent pocket hit.

Another place that has gone down a bit, but not as bad is Illawarra Strikezone, ever since Andrew Frawley sold up to AMF i have noticed the change there with staff attitudes and lane conditions and the carpet along the back of the lanes is getting a bit tatty. Only small things that could be rectified with minimal ease when you think about it. Now having saying that things might have changed there because i havent been for a while but i know things havent changed at all in Rockhampton.

What can we as bowlers do too change the attitudes of AMF, Brunswick and the Private Operators to make them be more pro-active with their league bowlers and Social bowlers? After all we are there bread and butter when you think about it?

Thanks

Johnnie M.

my home bowl chester hill does need a face lift especially in the music cds they play, over and over again BORING! :cool:

AMF understand the needs of their bowlers and are 100% committed to providing exceptional facilities, quality service and excellent lane conditions. We would like to wave a magic wand and achieve this goal overnight but that is not possible. I would urge bowlers to visit Woodville Bowl in Adelaide and Blacktown Bowl (new at Westpoint) to see the standards that we intend to achieve across the entire portfolio...... given time.
There will always be those who perceive AMF as the ugly capitalist...Hopefully, over time, we will earn their trust and appreciation that we are totally committed to the sport, recognise their requirements and deliver on our promises.

AMF Morrabbin, Victoria is still in the old style. The monitors, keypads, etc etc are all old... But you know compared to places like Chadstone which are all upgraded, i really don't mind the old style.

It isn't that bad :)

johnniematherson said:
Another place that has gone down a bit, but not as bad is Illawarra Strikezone, ever since Andrew Frawley sold up to AMF i have noticed the change there with staff attitudes and lane conditions and the carpet along the back of the lanes is getting a bit tatty. Only small things that could be rectified with minimal ease when you think about it. Now having saying that things might have changed there because i havent been for a while but i know things havent changed at all in Rockhampton.

I read this and the most incredible urge to comment...
a) Staff Attitudes; The attitudes of staff members have hardly changed. If they were bright and happy whilst Frawlz was here, they are still like that now. The only diff is that we might be more serious, we have standards that need to be met, and its a lot different now that we are under AMFs rules.
b) Lane Conditions: I dont think the lanes have changed (I think Ive just learnt how to bowl haha). Our Thursday night shot has been carried over from our old centre, with the same machine. That shot has not changed at all...just like the rest.
c) Carpet; Aside from some stains where drinks have been spilt and kids have spewed, the carpet is in relativly good condition. It tough and durable...exactly what we need!

ilive2bowl you mentioned blacktown bowl having good standards but after hearing what they did to the disabled league bowlers i'm sorry but their standards are not good, it is NOT a good start to the new centre

a GOOD bowling center needs

1. Good Atmosphere
  2. Good Staff
  3. Nice people

This is what makes a bowling centre great...

JaSe:cool:

Back
Top Bottom