Votes: 96 64.0%
  • NO

Votes: 24 16.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • DONT CARE

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters
some centres arent exactly the best lookin.. (cough cough queanbeyan :p) just jokin!! , but to me it doesn't really matter... i just go to bowl, i don't exactly take notice of the crappy brown walls or watever, as long as there's nice people and a decent lane condition then im fine. although i do hate the amf ads!!!!! there sooo annoying!!!!! lol xoxo

chowderpuff said:
some centres arent exactly the best lookin.. (cough cough queanbeyan :p) just jokin!! , but to me it doesn't really matter... i just go to bowl, i don't exactly take notice of the crappy brown walls or watever, as long as there's nice people and a decent lane condition then im fine. although i do hate the amf ads!!!!! there sooo annoying!!!!! lol xoxo
Yeah but Mel, Im sure if Queanbeyan was AMF it wouldnt be half as awful as it is...

amf strikezone to me needs a minor face lift, its the bloody pool tables cause when you sink the cue ball it dosn't come out & you need to tell the tech guy to open the table to get it out but i don't know if the problem is fixed now, oh! and one of the tables is ripped, but apart from that it's one of the best centres in nsw, personally i love driving down the road from sydney(chester hill) just to have a bowl

yeah.. i agree jen.. but i don't think that qbn would become amf anytime soon lol!!

i had not seen above lane returns since i quit bowling, that place was like a blast from the past :D Nice little center, the clack clack clack was music to my ears :D

Nah ours is fine now :)
Perhaps the only thing that needs fixing is the air conditioning for the middle of summer.
Had to bowl with the fire doors wide open and pedestal fans in the settee area earlier this year for a month or two.

Other than that, all good.

Edit: Just realised how old this thread was!

Nice topic...
I think Hornsby could do with a facelift, both in presentation and the lanes, it's time to attract some league bowlers back!
R

my centre needs a facelift, there is nowhere to put league standing sheets, or a noticeboard to recruit new league bowlers.

Enf...

Nah ours is fine now :)
Perhaps the only thing that needs fixing is the air conditioning for the middle of summer.
Had to bowl with the fire doors wide open and pedestal fans in the settee area earlier this year for a month or two.
Other than that, all good.
Edit: Just realised how old this thread was!
Wow... That's one way to make those pesky customers leave and never return... My local house just got new A/c. This week the pedestal fans have been replaced with permanently fixed fans. I'm guessing they took the cheapest quote...

jason_doust said:
Wow... That's one way to make those pesky customers leave and never return... My local house just got new A/c. This week the pedestal fans have been replaced with permanently fixed fans. I'm guessing they took the cheapest quote...
Yes, it was certainly extremely uncomfortable after it went on the blink, even to sit in, it was horrid.
It was good of the centre to provide the fans though, I can remember bowling in the 80's in heat pretty similar, with no fans and doors shut - wasn't good.
We've had a few hot days so far this summer and it hasn't been too bad in the place
First time I've ever stood on the approaches down the fire doors end, and be able to chat to someone sitting in the car outside the door while I was bowling instruct-o-mat :lol:
The sight of bowlers bringing their own pedestal fans in for league was a bit of an eye-opener!
Part of the problem is the old asbestos roof on top of the bowl, most of the old factories and warehouses out that way built in the 30's, 40's, 50's & 60's were pretty much all laden with the stuff, especially the roofing.
If they were to rip out the old aircon and put a new one in, they'd probably have to rip the roof off as well I s'pose, and as you know, being asbestos, people have to be specially qualified to remove and dispose of the stuff, so it'd be a pretty expensive exercise :)

Hey Tiger,
Don't know if you remember mate but when I was manager down there we had to get the asbestos lining removed off the old AC....cost us a bloody fortune....good to see nothings changed much in that area! ;)

Hey Tiger,
Don't know if you remember mate but when I was manager down there we had to get the asbestos lining removed off the old AC....cost us a bloody fortune....good to see nothings changed much in that area! ;)
Yes Gary I vaguely remember that.
I remember the Council was going to rip down the asbestos roof above the betting ring terraces at the TCA while I was still up at the Tigers a few years ago, and them deciding not to pull it down and replace it because of the cost.
Astronomical costs apparently.

I think Mt Druitt needs a facelift, they need to get rid of that putt-putt and put something in better (perhaps, extend the proshop? :p)

They need to get new seats, some of them are completely broken.

But other than that l love bowling there and its a great atmosphere.

You are right about Queanbeyan NOT becoming AMF and aren't we all glad about that - new Kegel lanes being put in in the next week or two so should be a blast.

One thing regarding the cafes at AMF, not only do they need to do something about the staff, but perhaps they should start to cater to people with particular dietary requirements, such as gluten/intolerance, requirements for particularly low-fat diets and the like. That might be a better place to start than fancy signs and flashing lights.

just my opinion, not that it will carry much weight, but who else out there has a diety problem and can't eat in their local centre

Sounds like the most common problem with AMF is the Air-conditioning in most of their centres.
They are all to quick to put their game rate up the end of every year. But when it comes to spending a few dollars to fix anything, their are no bigger tight arses on the planet.
Cross Rd Bowl's Air-conditioning has been stuffed for 3-4 years. Walked out after bowling 4 man league the other night to cool down in 36 degrees outside. Their probably waiting for the place to burn down so they can claim it on their insurance.
The Air-conditioning at Woodville Bowl is great when the centre is empty. As soon as you get 20 people in the place the air-conditioning craps itself & your sweating like a pig 3 balls into pratice.

Air Coniditioning at Mt Druitt is non-existant, or so l've been told by a staff member.

Air conditioning is a must when it comes to bowling. My boyfriend and l work up a sweat while we play, l'm sure lots of others do to.

Maybe its a tactic to get you to buy cold refreshments?

I bowl in an AMF here in London England, they are just as bad here too.

Back
Top Bottom