DUNN SHIELD 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
rychenroller said:
Re: smilies put into replies...certainly from me anyway...my attitude comes from the satisfaction of beating AMF centres. My comments are purely tongue in cheek and meant to be read with a sense of humour. Thanks

My original comments were also tongue in cheek. Just a bit of stirring intended to bring about a response from the boys at Melton.

For the record, people that know me know that I travelled from Ballarat to Forest Hill for 2 years so that I could bowl Dunn Shield. Its a great tournament but it may need something to liven it up. I believe it has been over-shadowed by Emerson Shield and Country Cup as the Premier Team events in the State
Graeme

For the record, people that know me know that I travelled from Ballarat to Forest Hill for 2 years so that I could bowl Dunn Shield. Its a great tournament but it may need something to liven it up. I believe it has been over-shadowed by Emerson Shield and Country Cup as the Premier Team events in the State
Graeme

My point exactly even up the comp like they did to Rachuig many year's ago change the format so all team's have a chance to win...:p

As for what Tony has said i did hear that about lane restiction's as a reason, we have to be careful we don't go over board on the AMF bashing as it could and maybe already is bitting us..........:confused:

Gary.....................................................:cool: .

PS. Knox looking for more Dunn Shield player's..........bring it on....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

granat said:
My original comments were also tongue in cheek. Just a bit of stirring intended to bring about a response from the boys at Melton.
course Graeme, you know full well we cant help ourselves :mrgreen:

granat said:
Graeme
A perfect couple that loves and gives all for this games. Some ppl grumble just to travel from city to Forest Hill :rolleyes: Just to let you two know we Admire n Respect u very much, Graeme and Nat. I reckon u will make a great Captain for Dunn Shield Forest Hill.Don't give up on us :D
AlexnJudy

No Alex thats not the reason I am not doing shield. I am not going to the U.S till the end of the year.
Chris i am just not interested in doing it this year thats all.

Frosty:rolleyes:

That's sad mate considering you are one of our top bowlers at Forest Hill :(
There u go Gary...Forest Hill need you mate ;)
Am still waiting for Buzzer and Gary have a go at each other :D

Thats nice of you to say Alex:)

I have just lost interest in it. Maybe a year off might get me wanting to do it again.

jedi_bowler said:
No Alex thats not the reason I am not doing shield. I am not going to the U.S till the end of the year.
Chris i am just not interested in doing it this year thats all.

As long as you take your balls over to the states with you and bowl a regional event, I'm sure all will be forgiven :p

Craig Ryan said:
As long as you take your balls over to the states with you and bowl a regional event, I'm sure all will be forgiven :p

I dunno about anyone else, but I wouldnt take balls over there, id buy new ones while over there. Its sooooo much cheaper, as there is no GST to pay, and no freight!

Come on frosty, bowl a regional, show us all what raising your backswing by 1 inch does for ones game........

lol

Tonx, WOW your still on about that. Take a chill pill and relax man:turn-l:

It would be great to bowl a regional, i would love to do it. But this is a holiday have loads of other stuff to do, but i am hoping to catch a tour stop.

The one thing i would like to see for Dunn Shield this year is a later start time.
Instead of the 8:00 or 8:30 start and the 2pm finish it would be nice to have a 9am start with a 3pm finish. Much more friendly to all the night owls out there.
Or those of us who inevitably have to work the Friday night before.

yeh that would be a good idea aswell start at a later time or maybe have a lunch brake after 3 games like rachuig does and even get them to re-oil during the lunch brake aswell just a couple there but good idea brendan.
Chris

haha good luck he doesn't bowl in a league at forest hill Alex well not from my eyes but good luck trying to get him.
Chris
PS Alex you can ask him and all that i'll leave that up to you.

KnuckleHead said:
haha good luck he doesn't bowl in a league at forest hill Alex well not from my eyes but good luck trying to get him.
Chris
PS Alex you can ask him and all that i'll leave that up to you.
That can be easily fixed Chris mate. We will ask him to BOWL ..hehe :lol:

Firstly...
To the person who is calling those that cannot make the Keon Park team 'REJECTS' I'd like to see you come down and bowl a 750+ series to even contemplate making the finals and then replecate that in a 12 game rolloff.

Secondly...
Having an odd number of teams won't rid the shield of a positional round, every team will still have a bye to play against, they will do what they did when there was 13 teams. That was bring in a composit team made up from bowlers from all AMF centres.

Nighteyes300 said:
Firstly...
To the person who is calling those that cannot make the Keon Park team 'REJECTS' I'd like to see you come down and bowl a 750+ series to even contemplate making the finals and then replecate that in a 12 game rolloff.
Secondly...
Having an odd number of teams won't rid the shield of a positional round, every team will still have a bye to play against, they will do what they did when there was 13 teams. That was bring in a composit team made up from bowlers from all AMF centres.

Firstly...

Id like to know who you are reffering to little johnny, if its me, then id advise you to go and read my post again....

secondly...
Sounds like a good idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom