DUNN SHIELD 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnuckleHead said:
Good Idea but doesn't really matter if they add another team or not cause it gets rid of the positional round now. but yes why don't they pick from who don't make there own centers team like have a draft or something.
Chris

You might make a team this year?

haha

Bring in a few more teams, make the competition a little bigger....

Werribee- very strong team line up, the more better bowlers in the competition, the better.
Melton- they want it bad, although against the Keon Park juggernaut, im not sure if many would walk away with any of their ego in tacked (just kidding guys!!!)
Keon Park B team- Since its the only AMF centre im bowling in atm, id like to double my chances of making a team :D

Cheers/1

as l have not bowled Dunn Shield for over 10 years. I am not sure about which centres are involved.

But do you not need even numbers for the event.

With no Box Hill, would that not make an odd number of teams, or did someone always have a bye each year.

i think this is all of the centres.

1) Dandenong
2) Chadstone
3 )Forest Hill
4) Keon Park
5) Sunshine
6) Knox
7) Moorabbin
8) Frankston
9) Boronia
10) Highpoint
11) Northcote

This would mean that a team every round would have to play a bye, or have a rest every game.

alexnjudy said:
It's between Melton and Werribee for now ;) Sorry Liz, am sure u prefer to bowl in the Seniors :D
Any news about the new bowling centre ?
NOT Liz its Grumpy, Liz allways signs her name to posts, but it would be good to bowl Dunn Shield again.;) :D

AMF wouldn't want to add Melton or Werribee to Dunn Shield. They would be too scared to see the title go to a non AMF centre!

Would love to see Werribee included, they would get a pretty solid team

xpense said:
as l have not bowled Dunn Shield for over 10 years. I am not sure about which centres are involved.
But do you not need even numbers for the event.
With no Box Hill, would that not make an odd number of teams, or did someone always have a bye each year.
i think this is all of the centres.
1) Dandenong
2) Chadstone
3 )Forest Hill
4) Keon Park
5) Sunshine
6) Knox
7) Moorabbin
8) Frankston
9) Boronia
10) Highpoint
11) Northcote
This would mean that a team every round would have to play a bye, or have a rest every game.
True Lance, we alwz had 12 teams for the past few years. The way things are happening with AMF recently,i reckon Dunn Shield won't be a AMF event anymore in few years time.It will be good to get other centres to join in considering most of us bowl in two centres. I don't think "B team" will be the answer. You suppose to send your best team, best bowlers to compete ( no Rejects) sorry Tonx hehe, we all know how good Keon Park B team is... ;) Let's wait and see.. maybe there won't be a DUNN SHIELD this year :rolleyes:

Craig Ryan said:
AMF wouldn't want to add Melton or Werribee to Dunn Shield. They would be too scared to see the title go to a non AMF centre!
Would love to see Werribee included, they would get a pretty solid team

U got it....its happened before, it would happen again ;)

Its hard to sit up here in sunny Brisbane and ignore the trash some of you people come out with.

Lets get it straight.

Melton, Ballarat in the Seniors and others I think Morwell and Geelong in the juniors were not kicked out because they won or lost the most.

Certainly Melton in the seniors and Morwell in the juniors won at various times but they were never kicked out. Some people would like to think so - no lets just write what we want to hear and then we get to kick good old AMF around once again!!!!!!!!

Now the facts:

AMF built two extra centres in Melbourne namely Forest Hill and Boronia which at that stage made 14 AMF centres in Melbourne which did not allow others to bowl because of lane restrictions.

Instead of speculating on here maybe someone should contact the AMF Regional guys in Melbourne or how about a Centre Manager to clarify what is going on.

TONY can you please advise who we contact at regional now that WARREN is no longer there this is a great loss to AMF and bowling

Yeah good point Lance.

:rolleyes:

Maybe we won't have to worry about adding another team - possibly another amf centre may close before then.

can anyone comment on this.

Tony Goodwin - can you comment on this?

Not sure who to talk to down here in Melbourne. if not can you reccomend somebody to talk too to ask the question.

tonx said:
You might make a team this year?
haha
Bring in a few more teams, make the competition a little bigger....
Werribee- very strong team line up, the more better bowlers in the competition, the better.
Melton- they want it bad, although against the Keon Park juggernaut, im not sure if many would walk away with any of their ego in tacked (just kidding guys!!!)
Keon Park B team- Since its the only AMF centre im bowling in atm, id like to double my chances of making a team :D
Cheers/1
Andrew
I said b team not c, d, e, f, and g teams and still then you would struggle lol
;) :D ;)

philby said:
Andrew
I said b team not c, d, e, f, and g teams and still then you would struggle lol
;) :D ;)

It its ok buddy, ill be stuck with you in the team of rejects :p

lol

Knox is alway's looking for new bowler's for Dunn Shield;)

Gary................................................:cool:

OK Tony, as a former(and hopefully one day again) Melton bowler would it have been possible to go to a 2 division shield instead of cutting teams? top 1/2 div 1, bottom 1/2 div 2 Promotion/ Relegation every year? Oh well hopefully one day i'll get back to my old 'home' and i can bowl in both(as long as they dont clash) Need another driller, wannabe tech at my old haunt Haysey???:confused: :D

tony goodwin said:
Its hard to sit up here in sunny Brisbane and ignore the trash some of you people come out with.
Lets get it straight.
Melton, Ballarat in the Seniors and others I think Morwell and Geelong in the juniors were not kicked out because they won or lost the most.
Certainly Melton in the seniors and Morwell in the juniors won at various times but they were never kicked out. Some people would like to think so - no lets just write what we want to hear and then we get to kick good old AMF around once again!!!!!!!!
Now the facts:
AMF built two extra centres in Melbourne namely Forest Hill and Boronia which at that stage made 14 AMF centres in Melbourne which did not allow others to bowl because of lane restrictions.
Instead of speculating on here maybe someone should contact the AMF Regional guys in Melbourne or how about a Centre Manager to clarify what is going on.
I hope it rains in Brisbane :rolleyes: Isn't it easier for someone from AMF to explain whats going on to their bowlers or are you going to tell us, if you are not happy,go and bowl somewhere else :confused: .First centres closing down,Managers getting fired, and now Warren. He is the best thing ever happen to AMF Victoria. I don't know about you,but i call it BAD BUSINESS , BAD REPO and BAD PR. You have given us every reason to KICK GOOD OLD AMF !! :mad: And i haven't started bitching yet..:rolleyes:

tony goodwin said:
Lets get it straight.
Now the facts:

Re: smilies put into replies...certainly from me anyway...my attitude comes from the satisfaction of beating AMF centres. My comments are purely tongue in cheek and meant to be read with a sense of humour. Thanks

AdrianS said:
OK Tony, as a former(and hopefully one day again) Melton bowler would it have been possible to go to a 2 division shield instead of cutting teams? top 1/2 div 1, bottom 1/2 div 2 Promotion/ Relegation every year? Oh well hopefully one day i'll get back to my old 'home' and i can bowl in both(as long as they dont clash) Need another driller, wannabe tech at my old haunt Haysey???:confused: :D

you're always welcome Adrian....now make it back for Emerson!!! #-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom