DUNN SHIELD 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnjudy

TotalBowler
I know it's abit early for Dunn Shield 2006 thread, but does anyone know who's going to replace Box Hill this year :D

Perhaps Melton should be given another opportunity if they promise not to win ALL the time

And while on this topic why don't we go the WDV & Rachuig format as it's so much more fairer and will make the comp more open to all team's...............:)

Gary....................................................:cool:

PS High Scoring Team's will hate this format

Even the format of Emerson which is also on the same lines as WDV & Rachuig. This format is great, and creates a lot closer results, and gives all centres a chance, not just the centres with the strongest line ups, and highest averages.

What do people think of the dates

November 4 & 5

Clashes with the almost long weekend (Melbourne cup is November 7th) & also clashes with Warnambool Cup.

granat said:
Perhaps Melton should be given another opportunity if they promise not to win ALL the time
Yeah that sounds great but, I think we were kicked out cause we were winning.:rolleyes: Oh that's right and we were'nt an AMF center, maybe that was it, or was it both?? :confused:

Hey Lance,

Just to let you know, Dunnshield's date has been put back to it original dates of 11th-12th of November.
So now it doesn't clash with the Warrnambool Cup or fall in between the so called long weekend dates.

Jenny ;)

granat said:

Once bitten twice shy I think Graeme. Then they would have to go to the trouble of sacking us all over again when another AMF centre became eligible...

Must admit tho, it was nice to kick their arses ;)

MAybe Keon park can put in there B team. Bowlers like mmmmm lets see.

Matt Obrien, Glen Loader, David Andrews, Rod Kerrison, John Constitini,Mick Hill Alan Notman, Justin Lowe. Not a bad line up. And in the ladies well Tracey Madden, Cindy George, Narrelle Baker,

Yer i think a B team would be good. Trouble is they would probably beat the A team lol

Why dont thay just call the ppl from last year up that made the All star team and see if thay would like to make up the extra team and then from now on who ever makes the All star team can come back the year after and see how good thay are .......

It's between Melton and Werribee for now ;) Sorry Liz, am sure u prefer to bowl in the Seniors :D
Any news about the new bowling centre ?

True, the more the better. However Dunn Shield is an AMF event. I know in the Past we had non-AMF centers compete but it seems now that those days and the days where people high in AMF cared about the bowlers more than the money are long gone.
But we can hope[-o<

Frosty:rolleyes:

Why not make a composition team of bowlers that either can't try out for their own centre.... be it that they are away when trials are on or possibly sick.... or even of the people that miss their centre's teams...

Good Idea but doesn't really matter if they add another team or not cause it gets rid of the positional round now. but yes why don't they pick from who don't make there own centers team like have a draft or something.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom