Country Cup 2009

Congrats to the winners and to Josh on his 300.

Was a tough weekend.

Congrats to the Centurian aka Gary Van Steenis aka CoTheCell on his 100 game on lanes 3 & 4..... the same pair Josh threw his 300 the next morning. Guess those lanes werent so bad Gary ;)

Once again Well done to OTB for donating balls and bags for awards.
I think also Griffo's donations was awesome, quite a bit of money worth of stuff. Top stuff Mate.

Look forward to seeing everyone next year at our home centre. Cant wait :D

Oh and thanks for the pillow.... LOL

But im not sure what those that signed it were told as some of them sound like it was my last C/Cup LOL...

I will be back next year ;)

well done to the big unit on being all star numero uno

well done colac boys too, and here we are thinking your all over the hill......... pffft

bad luck gary on just missing all stars
I won't lie Craig - it would have been great to have made the all stars - I guess that would have been the icing on the cake! But the icing would not have been much good without the cake and the trophy we bought home will keep me very happy for the next 12 months - mission accomplished.

It was a tough condition and i was rapt with the way my team bowled. We hung in there in a lot of close games and won more than we lost. We had three guys in the top seven averages and another two within top 16.

Merv and Ian now have six wins each in the Men's division which is an amazing effort.

Thanks to Albury bowl and Ash who did a great job for the whole weekend.

Congrats to the All stars - Woza and Kerry have been close a few times and were both finally rewarded. Great effort also by Ian, Kev and Josh

Congrats to Josh on an awesome effort - next highest Men's game was about 256 - that shows how tough it was and how special his 300 game was.

Well done to Shep for winning the womens and overall... again!

Always good to catch up with a lot of mates and hang some sh*t on each other.

The only downside for the weekend was losing for a third time (from 4 games) against Motta -- lots of mentions of bunny ears from his "quiet and reserved" team mates.... oh well revenge will have to wait until next year.

Looking forward to next year already!

Congrats to the Centurian aka Gary Van Steenis aka CoTheCell on his 100 game on lanes 3 & 4..... the same pair Josh threw his 300 the next morning. Guess those lanes werent so bad Gary ;)

I don't have to refrain from saying what I think now Trav. I had more than enough of you on the weekend so it probably isn't a good idea for you to post things like that. You need to learn how to speak to people and you definitely need to grow up.

Now for the other half of the story...

Bowled 100 on lanes 3&4 AND beaten by 101 on lanes 3&4 in a different game.

I would like to thank all the bowlers, managers and supporters for what turned out to be a great weekend it is you all competing in this sport with the right spirit which makes Country Cup so great. We had a couple of little stops but after that everything ran pretty smoothly I think.

Yes the condition wasn't easy but that's how I like it, rewarded for good shots and punished for the bad. At the end of the day I was very happy with how the event ran and I look forward to seeing you all next year in Mildura, hopefully I'm in the team next year :(

Cheers Ash

Got something to say to me Gary?? you had ample opportunity.. instead you do it on a forum.. and you tell me to grow up lol

Serious note.. Maybe Gary Black or Ash can help with this..
What was the Mens average?
and what the womens average for the weekend?

The only downside for the weekend was losing for a third time (from 4 games) against Motta -- lots of mentions of bunny ears from his "quiet and reserved" team mates.... oh well revenge will have to wait until next year.

Congratulations to Colac on their win even though we managed to knock them off twice;)

You started the rot cheering Mottas first frame 9 pity he couldnt back up with the 290 - The 300 game was only a pair across though;). I am sure after the Travvy passion pillow we will be able to rustle up a bunny costume for next year - we have 12 months of planning

P.S. Thanks for sharing a drink with us at the Champions after Party

Yeah - i thought that quote was best left alone... esp after the pillow and all

I don't have to refrain from saying what I think now Trav. I had more than enough of you on the weekend so it probably isn't a good idea for you to post things like that. You need to learn how to speak to people and you definitely need to grow up.

I can see the headlines now Death by passion pillow

Does that make me an accessory;)

Congratulations to Colac on their win even though we managed to knock them off twice;)
Yep - we only lost 4 games and two were against you blokes - lucky we only had to play you twice huh?

P.S. Thanks for sharing a drink with us at the Champions after Party
Thanks for the invite :)

Yeah what are the odds - the 300 game happened in the same game that i was playing Motta

Travis -- Mens average score 175.86 -- Womens averages score 163.96

I agree with Ash comments - conditions were hard but fair --though obviously because we won i am probably a bit biased

Got something to say to me Gary?? you had ample opportunity.. instead you do it on a forum.. and you tell me to grow up lol

Nothing said on the weekend to you Trav as it may have affected the team.

To be continued Wednesday 11th March 2009 - Sunraysia Tenpin Bowl - 6pm ........

Mr Black, just for my own curiosity (and to show how good Josh's 300 game was) can you do an average for all lanes except 3&4 and one for 3&4 alone?

I think mine was about 120 on 3&4 and 180+ on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom