Coaching or Bowling Clinic ?!?

A

anson2k3

Hi Guys,
Haven't been on here or playing bowling for quite a while now. I will be getting into it really soon. Just need to get some new gear and get set for some good fun.
I have this question. I read the forums and see many people like personal coaching and many other like group/bowling clinics.
I am based in North Melbourne. I have heard good things about Patrick Birtig but he is based in Moorabin. Is there any good coach in the North Melbourne area ? Also, what is the for and against of having private lessons compared to these Bowling Clinics? And talking about these clinics...I always hear people talking about them but never see where or when or how it is organised etc... Can someone please give me some more info about that too please?
Cheers.
JetKid.

Hi Jetkid

Given you are based in North Melbourne, some Centres near you may be suitable. I coach at Sunshine on Thursday nights and sometimes on sundays and Coach at Highpoint every second Saturday. My name is Matt and i am a HP level 2 Coach.

the Coaching company I work with is Tiffany Laine Coaching who also coach out of Melton and Northcote. There are other Centres but they're getting too far away.

Log onto our website www.tiffanylaine.com.au for more info.

In regards to your other question of courses and individual coaching. Both are great. Generally the only problem I find with clinics, if you do them once, you will lose some info over time and habits can creep in. While you do the clinic, you can definately learn a considerable amount and can improve your game.

Regular coaching ensures you sustain your new learnings and development while adding to the core basics of your game. In groups, your development will be slower, however you do pay less. Affordability is paraount for a long term committment if you want.

Tiffany Laine Coaching run specific clinics for short term duration of up to 6 weeks. Some of these may also be beneficial to you.

regards
Coach Garvin

anson2k3 said:
Hi Guys,
Haven't been on here or playing bowling for quite a while now. I will be getting into it really soon. Just need to get some new gear and get set for some good fun.
I have this question. I read the forums and see many people like personal coaching and many other like group/bowling clinics.
I am based in North Melbourne. I have heard good things about Patrick Birtig but he is based in Moorabin. Is there any good coach in the North Melbourne area ? Also, what is the for and against of having private lessons compared to these Bowling Clinics? And talking about these clinics...I always hear people talking about them but never see where or when or how it is organised etc... Can someone please give me some more info about that too please?
Cheers.
JetKid.

If you would like some intensive one-on-one coaching from a PBA champion, and are willing to travel to Bendigo, I can offer you a two to three hour session absolutely free. Of course you'll have to pay the lineage costs but that's it. I get nothing but the satisfaction of knowing that I've helped you become a more skilled bowler.

Wayne Chester

wchester said:
If you would like some intensive one-on-one coaching from a PBA champion, and are willing to travel to Bendigo, I can offer you a two to three hour session absolutely free. Of course you'll have to pay the lineage costs but that's it. I get nothing but the satisfaction of knowing that I've helped you become a more skilled bowler.
Wayne Chester

Nice offer Wayne, the type of thing that helps the sport of Tenpin!!

Does anyone know if there will be any clinics come over to Perth in the near future. And i have found with some of the coaching staff over here, that unless ur bowling more then twice a week or work at the bowling centre then the coaches really dont want to know you, does anyone else in the west get that feeling.

Back
Top Bottom