Bob Elliott Memorial

Does anyone have any information on the Bob Elliott Meromial for this year? I know that last year's entries were down and that the Barossa Bowl has since changed hands but the staff at the centre don't seem to have any knowledge about this year.

Hi All
i spoke to Ken (new owner of Barossa Bowl) last night and he is still planning to have the Bob Elliott this year. Dates are not known yet but will be posted as soon as possible. Big changes are happening there so you will all notice a difference!!
Cheers
Sarah

hi all
finally got back to league bowling last night after about 4 weeks off due to the renovations.
spoke to Ken and we dont have dates yet but both Barossa Cup and Bob Elliott should both be going ahead. dates will be made as soon as he gets a chance while hes not doing renos.
he did ask thou if we can get expressions of intrest on this site or by emailing me at [email protected] so that he knows that it is worth going ahead.
so if you are planning in bowling in either of these tournaments it would be great if you could let us know so we can get some rough numbers.
thanks heaps.
will be back asap with more information
sarah greening

Good luck with the newly renovated Centre Ken and hope the locals and all bowlers appreciate and support your efforts.

Hoping to get at least 2-3 teams for the Bob Elliott depending on the date.

Good to hear that the renovations are going well. Hopefully two teams from Noarlunga for the Bob Elliott.

Great to see Barossa Bowl back, I'd love to bowl in both the Cup and the Memorial. Having never bowled in the memorial how does one enter?

Bmann

So is there progress on getting a date for both of these tournaments?? It is good to be interested but would like to know when it is going to be so I know if it will clash with anything and so I know how long I have to get the money to be able to bowl if I can.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

Any more News on Barossa Cup??

i have two people from interstate that would like to come down once again, and they need to organise everything.

thanks.

PERHAPS SOME OTHER ENTERPRISING CENTER MANAGER SHOULD STEP IN AND RUN THE BOB ELLIOTT MEMORIAL THUS KEEPING THE MEMORY OF BOB ALIVE. JUST A THOUGHT!!!

KJ

hi all
unfortunatley i am having big trouble getting any information out of ken about either of the tournaments at barossa. he wont give me anything so i think you are right when you say its not going ahead. its unfortunate but i think thats the way it is.
sorry guys but i think i am wasting my time trying to get an answer from him each week.
hope this helps
sarah

Hi Sarah,

That is very dissapointing news, some of us have bowled just about every Barossa Cup (can't remember missing one), was one tourny I would not miss out on even if my tourny play is very very limted these days.
Hopefully Ken can see his way to keep the legend going
Maybe Berri bowl can start up a "Berri Cup" in its place, I am sure this would be supported, may even get more bowlers from Mildura as it would be closer

Cheers
Colin

Back
Top Bottom