Australian Open wrong hand challenge!

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
After the completion of the last squad on Saturday I'm going to host a 1 game challenge. It's a bit of fun which I'm going to incorporate into the rest of the super 6's where possible.

Here are the rules.

1. It's open to any participants of the tournament (in this case the AO)
2. You may select one ball only from your arsenal.
3. You must bowl with the opposite hand you bowled the tournament with in the challenge
4. Thongs are allowed for this challenge (if this helps you bowl better ;) )
5. This is a 1 game only challenge, the winner at the conclusion of the game will take all prizemoney.

COST TO ENTER: $10

Breakdown: $4- $5 game rate, rest of money goes to prizefund.

It's a bit of fun which I think will turn out pretty good. I thought I was a gun right handed until I played Pilko, I think there are some dark horse opposite handers out there, just reply to the post with your entry.

SQUAD LISTING to date:

George Frilingos
Brandon Qualischefski
Michael Little
Jarrod Lean
Brian Pilkington

See everyone next week! Any questions just ask

Mick Little is left handed naturally.....he has this in the bag!

Ohh and Belmo is not in the country

I agree with Jarrod i've seen Mick bowl left handed and he's as equally impressive with his left as he is with his right. He is at unbackable odds in my opinion good luck to all.

Yes I would have to agree, Mick Little throws as much ball with his left hand as he does with his right hand.

willey

Enter on the day is fine, Pilko took $10 off me tonight after he made me use one of his balls. I bowled 187 right handed first game, watch out!

New Rule: Approach must be less than 15 steps :D

Enter on the day is fine, Pilko took $10 off me tonight after he made me use one of his balls. I bowled 187 right handed first game, watch out!

New Rule: Approach must be less than 15 steps :D
I'd like to see Richie Palmer (WA) bowl in this comp.:cool:

Congrats to Cameron Walsh for taking out the wrong handed challenge.

Cameron showed just how easy the left really was, he even bowled with his eyes shut for five frames and still couldn't miss the pocket.

Cameron clearly has been bowling left handed for several years, I dare say his left handed release is stronger and more consistent than his right handed release. Cameron bowled a 188 game with a 12lb house ball, probably a little unlucky not to break the 200 barrier.

Michael Little (early favorite) was disappointing early but came home strong for 2nd (35 pins away from Cameron).

It would have been nice to see Qualla and Pilko bowl, maybe next time.

Best dressed and worse opposite hand bowler goes to David Porto who showed the crowd on hand why he should never attempt to bowl right handed in public again.

I know there was some video footage taken, I hope it makes it way onto total bowling soon.

Stay tuned for the next challenge at K&K............

PS Cameron is banned from participation!

Back
Top Bottom