Aspley and Sunny Coast clashing

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
As an avid tournament bowler I must say I'm a bit pissed these 2 events clash. I would have gladly bowled in both but cant due to someone or some people allowing them to fall on the same weekend.

It's too late to change it now but I really hope common sense prevails next year and both events get to run on different weekends.

disgruntled.....

George,
Prepare to be pissed for another year. Disappointment has already been voiced on this forum (Broni) that both these events have again nominated the same weekend for 2012.

These events have clashed for the third or fourth year running now. I too would have liked to have bowled in both but the powers that be of both tournaments cant seem to get around to organising a different weekend. It hurts both tournaments seeing as they are only an hour apart and a lot of the people bowling in one would have probably bowled the other if it was a weekend or 2 apart. I reckon I would be able to name 10 or 15 people who are bowling up the Coast that would have bowled at Aspley and vice versa.

Very disappointing that once again the tournament scene in South Qld is being hurt once again.

Rumour: 2012 will not have this clash!

Calendar meeting has been scheduled each year but sadly, neither party in the past has been able to negotiate a date change. Let us hope in this case, sanity prevails ....

I hope so. I really wanted to bowl in both events. I know Aspley is stuggling to get numbers this year.

Aspley 10 Pin Bowl would like to say that for 7 years, the Aspley Cup has been held on the last Sunday in November.

Yes, it is true that we did not attend the dates meeting, however, a conversation between myself and a TBAQ representative was held and I requested that my date be set for 2011. This was done in 2010. Unfortunately, again we have a clash.

The Centre Manager here at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl told me not to change the date for 2011 hence why the Aspley Cup this year is still falling on the last Sunday of November.

I have been advised of a spare date pending availability for the 2012 Aspley Cup and will move the date because I wish to have happy bowlers and a bigger tournament for Mr Tony "Hammo" Hamilton to challenge his 2010 Aspley Cup win.

Yours in bowling,

Gloria
Tournament Director
Aspley 10 Pin Bowl

the last 4 Aspley dates where............

18/11/2007
24/08/2008
29/11/2009
28/11/2010

I went to the TBAQ meeting in late 2008 and the Aspley event was marked for August 2009 as it was in 2008. I booked the wide bay event for the last weekend in November for 2009.(so I'm the one that put it on then. The clash wasn't on purpose, it looked like a good weekend when I was booked it) I haven't had anything to do with the dates since then.

There's 12 months till the next one. Can someone from Aspley Bowl or Sun City pick up the phone, call the other bowl and fix it.

Shayne

There's 12 months till the next one. Can someone from Aspley Bowl or Sun City pick up the phone, call the other bowl and fix it.

Shayne

Thank you Shayne, thats exactly what should happen.

This could have been completely avoided if either the TDs from the Sunshine Coast or from Aspley had taken the trouble to go to the Calendar meeting. Professional Tournament Directors still attend this meeting because they realise that clashes can and do occur, and they also realise that there is more to running a successful event than just publishing an entry form without taking into consideration other people or other events.

Thank you Shayne, thats exactly what should happen.

This could have been completely avoided if either the TDs from the Sunshine Coast or from Aspley had taken the trouble to go to the Calendar meeting. Professional Tournament Directors still attend this meeting because they realise that clashes can and do occur, and they also realise that there is more to running a successful event than just publishing an entry form without taking into consideration other people or other events.

As the TD on the Sunnie Coast, the date for the Charlie Greyson was set for the Wide Bay tour in 2010 in Oct/Nov by the directors for the wide bay group. Next years dates have already been set as of the Wide bay meeting this year. As we are not apart of this process, we only get told when it is held, so our hands are tied. I have already voiced my opinion about the clash of dates numerous times with the powers to be and i believe there will be NO CLASH in 2012 (yet to be confirmed). I have been equally frustrated with the clash and dwindling tourney entries, and just maybe the TD's might get a pat on the back for running good events and not slapped in the face for date clashes they are not even apart of. Just my thoughts!!!!!!

I understand neither of the TD’s attended the calendar meeting (sorry guys, you must be unprofessional) however, you think TBAQ would realise the clash and try and work something out between the two TD’s before the calendar is advertised! Seems pretty simple to me…..

I understand neither of the TD’s attended the calendar meeting (sorry guys, you must be unprofessional) however, you think TBAQ would realise the clash and try and work something out between the two TD’s before the calendar is advertised! Seems pretty simple to me…..

These two events were published on the TBAQ website long before the Sports House Meeting. Both TDs would have been in a position to know this.
Its why we hold the meeting - to give the TDs a chance to argue/negotiate/discuss their preferred dates with each other.

These two events were published on the TBAQ website long before the Sports House Meeting. Both TDs would have been in a position to know this.
Its why we hold the meeting - to give the TDs a chance to argue/negotiate/discuss their preferred dates with each other.

And in this case, the TD'S do not have a say when the event is held, even less than the bowlers do. We do not set the dates for the wide bay series as higher up do so maybe TBAQ should INVITE the Directors of the wide bay group and similar to do that .............. and leave the TD's do a hard and thankless job, which you seem to have NO appreciation for, but would just rather ridicule.

And for your information, i was in contact with Aspley both last year and this year, and unfortunately NO compromise could be made.

To go completely off track on the calender for 2012 it shows that Caboolture’s Assoc roll-off is in Jan yet its happening next week......

The same calendar that when i made mention of the clash 2 weeks ago on the thread "2012 calendar” of these two tournaments i also noticed that Cabs roll-off was for the last week end of January.....Too bad

their loss

The Caboolture roll off is still slated down for next Sunday the 20th of November, as far as I am aware after speaking with Brian on Wednesday Night. There was talk of it being moved to January or February with the new lanes going down but that was quashed and the roll offs are still planned for their original date.

Back
Top Bottom