AO - Vic 150

Timing is an important thing.............​

I would like other people's thoughts on the timing of the two tournaments on the weekend, from both a spectator's and bowler's point of view.

I thought the bowling was great and both events were well run, however, I question the decision to run both at exactly the same time. Having spoken to some of the ladies, I know there would have been quite a few who would have bowled AO if it could have been made a bit easier to do so. Our very own Kate Wilton found a way, but it did make her schedule tight and did not allow her to concentrate enough on AO - still a great effort to "cash", but may have been a tough decision if she made both finals and had to choose.

I think there would have been more support from a spectators angle if the timing was altered a bit, ie AO in morning and early afternoon, Vic 150 late afternoon and evening. It would have allowed more participants and made it a lot easier for people to support their partners in the other events. From our position, the way things panned out, we would have liked more time at Keon Park, but it was just too hard.

The numbers watching the final and presentation at Sunshine was very disappointing, by and large due to the number of people shooting over to the Vic 150 - it would have been great to have good numbers at both finals and presentations.

Certainly both tournaments were worthy of better participation numbers and more spectator support.

Anyway, that's my view.................Max

Back
Top Bottom