Are bowlers too serious!

G'Day all,

Last night I got hit with one of those lines.

Just to paint the picture, after 24 years off, bowing now has this thing called computer scoring. It still gets me, I have to continually check the little arrow to make sure I am on the correct lane. For the life of me I forget what bloody frame we are up to. Not to mention i hate the silly pin guy that keeps covering the screen blocking the score card.

So, up I get for my shot threw an 8 then spared and sat back down. Next bowler gets up to a loud NO. Not your turn, John 10th frame.

As I stepped up, Stephen Cowland leans over and quietly says with a smile,

"Just so you know, with bowling, if you spare the first shot in the last frame you get another go!"

Stephen, good luck in the Youth Cup this week end, and to quote our forum friend above bowling partner, “lord, let the nine baggers be yours this week end!”. Cause last week was cruel.

G'Day all,

As I stepped up, Stephen Cowland leans over and quietly says with a smile,

"Just so you know, with bowling, if you spare the first shot in the last frame you get another go!"

That's the first good laugh I have had with this thread. :rofl:

John, have a league member who bowled with and against your Dad in the OLD days. Will get some info so can be passed onto your Dad, through you. Just give me some time to get information correct..

Mrs P.

Thanks Mrs P.

I am trying to put dad's scrap book into a web page. So any info would be appreciated.

Funny, I bowled with a chap that bowled in the team against dad when he bowled his first 300 back in 1963. Old bowlers just don't go away.

Bowling in the Brisbane Cup one year, one of my fellow bowlers was having an absolute shocker. He sat down between shots - as he did I said 'Trevor, that's the first time you've had two balls in the same place all day'.
Luckily he saw the funny side. :)

One of my favourite moments was Perth Cup at Fairlanes in 2006...we'd all been warned not to swear or abuse equipment prior to starting.
At one point I remember Belmo being the only person throwing a ball, as soon as he releases everyone hears him yell "F**K!!" then we see him cover his mouth and run to the players area.

Hey Brenton,
It was actually his elbow that connected with my nose, not a towel. I still beat him 268 to 247. That will teach him to use dirty tactics. I think I had a bit to do with it!!!!
Cheers Lovey

Everybody knows bowling is not life or death. It's much more serious than that.

I remember a tournament where a guy with thick glasses and another guy who had a lot of area were discussing the shot in earnest. Tony Rodrick looked at me and said, as dry as could be; "God, one's blind by birth and the other by ignorance!" I had to laugh!

Hey Brenton,
It was actually his elbow that connected with my nose, not a towel. I still beat him 268 to 247. That will teach him to use dirty tactics. I think I had a bit to do with it!!!!
Cheers Lovey

LOL, that's right! Still thought it was going to end in a brawl. Bruce was momentarily stunned when he realised he'd gone a bit too far.

HOw could I say I thought it might end in a punch up? Two even tempered guys like you and Bruce........

What was I thinking LOL?

Back
Top Bottom