ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!

D

Dave

To all,

As time goes on this web site and the other main sites that this forum evolved from is becomming THE #1 Site in Australia, well it is 1st I think.

This is I beleive a great advantage for bowlers and the bowling industry. I dont think there is a bowler in Aust that hasnt heard of it.

As this site increases in users unfortunately so does the burdon on my poor server trying to punch out all the info day in day out. It is getting to a stage where trying to keep it all running on my pocket is hard...Did you know that last month Totalbowling alone had nearly 340,000 hits and this month is 200,000 hits at day 14.

What I would like to see is all you guys, (Nearly 200 in the forums and nearly 400 e-mail) To put just a little towrds this site.
What if I charged just $5 per year for all this stuff??? Is that a stupid thing to ask for. Just $5 each would pay for my server plus get rid of the adverts on the e-mail site, Now I know I charge other businesses for hosting and Honestly thats how I make a buck and be able to keep hosting for this site going.

Now, $5 would get you membership plus your own [email protected] e-mail without any advertising.. I could setup a payment area where you could pay by Credit Card securely.

Please dont take this the wrong way, and I am certainly NOT going to stop this or any aother bowling site if you all say no. I will also not be forcing anyone to pay, If you cant afford or simply dont want to pay then don't...Its more of a donation..

So guy's / gal's give me your thoughts, what do you think...

Regards

cool with me dave

just get my $5 off adrian, seeing he owes me a few bucks, for stealing all them girls when we were kids.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Dave. Its worth far more than that to some of us, just tell us where to mail the cq. Regards Andrew S.

I'm In
Please debit the following Credit Card

Ultra Gold American Express (no limit)
Name : Little Johnny Howard
Address : Care of Kirribilli, Canbera

Yo Dave, I'm sure everyone over here in the sunny west wont have a problem with this small reqest. Its great for us being so far away from all the action to catch up on all the goss and keep track of all the tounament results and our favouite players. Besides no-one else will talk to me. Baron.
PS I miss not being able to chat and give Brenton some grief. Is it something with my PC or the site? Just wondering. Baron
icon_wink.gif

Dave,

NO worries, I'll be happy to kick in that amount if it will help keep everything running

Baron,

Must be your PC, I am in the chat room most nights, If you wish to give me grief, please feel free.
icon_smile.gif

Dave,

No worries!!! I would be more than happy to pay anything up to $7.49 a year to help support this great site. Seriously though, is $5 enough in view of the extra costs invovled in administering the new system.

Thanks,

Looks like you don't mind paying a little towards the site, thats great..

$5 would be heaps if just 100 of you guys put in. There is actually over 600 members combined e-mail and forum.

Is Credit Card the way to go or would you prefer to pay by cheque?

Credit Card is less fees for me, and I have a secure server.

I tell you what!! Any one who donates more than $10 (For 12 months) gets a host account to place their web site on...FREE, No advertising.. For 12 months with www.yourname.ozbowl.com Hows that..!!

If we raise more money than is required I will give the excess to Graham, he deserves it.

Dave

Dave - lovely gesture but seriously I don't want any excess - if it's going to go anywhere it will be to help continue funding this site.

It is not cheap to run a website, especially a popular one. With data transfer starting to approach 2 gigs per month - this is a lot of data being transferred. To buy an account to host a website that allows you to transfer this amount of data - it would normally cost around $60 per month, if not more. Dave from OzBowl has continued to host this site as a service to the bowling community which he should be commended for. As we get more and more popular the data transfer on the site keeps increasing and I don't think it is fair to expect Dave to cover these costs.

I fully support this - but all money should go back into paying OzBowl for having this site - OUR SITE - hosted.

Thanks guys,

I have received many e-mails regarding this and I thankyou all for your positive emails.

If you wish to pay by credit card I have set-up a special payment area just for forum and e-mail members.

Secure Forum and E-mail Membership

Those of you that wish not to or don't have CC's you could send a cheque to me.
Send to: ApexHost.com 18 belmont crt Carrum Downs Vic 3201. Please make cheques to ApexHost.com

Once again thankyou for your support.
Rgards
Dave Hutchison

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave:
To all,

As time goes on this web site and the other main sites that this forum evolved from is becomming THE #1 Site in Australia, well it is 1st I think.

This is I beleive a great advantage for bowlers and the bowling industry. I dont think there is a bowler in Aust that hasnt heard of it.

As this site increases in users unfortunately so does the burdon on my poor server trying to punch out all the info day in day out. It is getting to a stage where trying to keep it all running on my pocket is hard...Did you know that last month Totalbowling alone had nearly 340,000 hits and this month is 200,000 hits at day 14.

What I would like to see is all you guys, (Nearly 200 in the forums and nearly 400 e-mail) To put just a little towrds this site.
What if I charged just $5 per year for all this stuff??? Is that a stupid thing to ask for. Just $5 each would pay for my server plus get rid of the adverts on the e-mail site, Now I know I charge other businesses for hosting and Honestly thats how I make a buck and be able to keep hosting for this site going.

Now, $5 would get you membership plus your own [email protected] e-mail without any advertising.. I could setup a payment area where you could pay by Credit Card securely.

Please dont take this the wrong way, and I am certainly NOT going to stop this or any aother bowling site if you all say no. I will also not be forcing anyone to pay, If you cant afford or simply dont want to pay then don't...Its more of a donation..

So guy's / gal's give me your thoughts, what do you think...

Regards
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif
great idea as it is a great site. i was only told about it last week and have visited everyday. keep up the good work

Is there another way to pay besides CC?
Mine has been taken off me because I use it too much
icon_wink.gif

I will try to convince her to let me use it just this once, otherwise I'll send you cash or something.

Ed

Hi Ed

Dave has posted his snail mail address on the secure page - so just follow the link to that and it is noted there
icon_smile.gif

Cheers

I want to thanks this opportunity to thank the people who have sent contributions so far .. I don't know who you are at this stage (I haven't seen a list) but thank you all so very much.

Back
Top Bottom