5,7,10 - twice - what the???

dazgore

Ok, what gives, reasonable flush pocket hits, slightly high on the head pin, but leave the 5,7,10.
How the F@#$%k does that happen? Is it because my ball is a flip, and it flipped in on too much of an angle?

Thanks
Daz

My guess is that when the ball hit, I took the 2 which kicked to the 4 and the 4 slid sideways the three took the 6,9 and the ball took the 8

Hope that helps,

But still...It should have been a strike by the way you were describing it

I usually found that I left 5-7-10's during times that I was carrying pretty well, strangely.
I left it on two consecutive shots in a Hobart Masters over ten years ago with an Ebonite Gyro.
Late in matchplay I had a 777/3 which had "the tree" on the fill-ball in the tenth of the second game and opening shot of the third game.
Eight in a row, 5-7-10, 5-7-10, ten in a row.

Might have been a bit too much ball-speed, but that particular pair (3-4) used to leave an extraordinary number of 5-7-10's back in those days.
Popular theory was that the old pin decks on Lanes 3-4 were a little warped, causing the ball to get airborne slightly as the ball impacted the pins.

Well it sounds good anyway...

i guess the main question here is did you manage to pick it up ok??

Last year one of my tuesday night team members named rick had the first 11 only to leave 5 7 10 the release was diffrent I thought 10 pin how wrong was I....wahhhhhhhhhh...renta

A bowler named Oswald (Dessy) De Simone who bowls at Keon Park Bowl left the 5-7-10 about 2 years ago and then went about sparing it.

Back
Top Bottom