Columbia 300 three new columbia balls

taker

D-GENERATION X RULES
Resurgence

We built the resurgence from the ground up. It's a great ball that's leading the rebirth of the Columbia 300 brand. We started with a new core. Finished it with a new coverstock. We even make it in a new plant. The Resurgence is the new standard in this industry for heavier volumes of oil. This ball is strong through the body of any pattern and continues hooking all the way through the pin deck.

2.47 0.04
2.46 0.043
2.5 0.038

COLOR:Black/Gold/Silver
REACTION:strong Arc
VENEER:New Era Reactive
SURFACE:1000 Abralon
CORE:Resurgence Symmetric
CONDITIONS:Heavy Oil
WEIGHT:12-16 lbs

The Wrath “High Flush” moves forward with a historic core and new veneer. The proven Ti Boss II core is combined with our new “Bring It Back” veneer to build a high performance look in a mid-priced package. Due to the finish (4000 Abralon), this ball will not be as sensitive to oil as most skid flip products. This ball does what great mid price balls do: It goes long, flips hard and hits like a truck!

Shelf Talker

Wrath-High Flush

2.55 0.035
2.55 0.040
2.56 0.042

COLOR:purple/Red Pearl
REACTION:Skid/flip
VENEER:Bring It Back" Reactive
SURFACE:4000 Abralon
CORE:TI Boss II
CONDITIONS:Medium Oil

You know all about the great rivalries in sports. Michigan and Ohio State, Cards and Cubs, Yankees and Red Sox. Introducing the Rival. It has no competition. On medium to heavy oil this ball will leave the competition shaking their heads. Check this one out: this Rival is the best of everything you need. A benchmark ball that picks up in the middle of the lane and never quits.

Shelf Talker

Rival

2.49 0.04
2.47 0.045
2.52 0.047

COLOR:Blue/Steel/Yellow
REACTION;Strong Mid Lane
VENEER:"300" Reactive
SURFACE:4000 Abralon
CORE:Spinner Symmetric
CONDITIONS:Medium to Heavy

Attachments

• reseurgence.jpg
    reseurgence.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 9
  • rival.jpg
    rival.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 3
  • wrath_highflush.jpg
    wrath_highflush.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 7
i brought both the Resurgence and the Rival whilst at Nationals. Patrick Birtig drilled them up for me. i wanted both to go long and straight and hook agressively after the break point and attack the pins.

sure enough they certainly do that and more, i've never had so much carry on my shot. shot 1300 for 6 games straight out of the box with the Resurgence.

they are both awesome balls.

my wife brought a Rival and Cheryl Munson drilled it up whilst at the Nationals the friday before Rachuig week. unfortunately she never got to use it at Altona but at our home centre in Tamworth even on the drier conditions we've been given of late she's shooting with an aggresive backend reaction as well and loves it.

i haven't used either ball on these drier conditions as i just can't hold the things on the lane, alls they want to do is hook and i can't control them

our early opinion on these two balls is that they are both awesome balls

shoey

its now been a month since i got these balls and even though i can't use the Resurgence on my home conditions due to whatever reason to change the condition from a heavier pattern to a drier one but i'm finding the Rival still is very usable on drier lanes.

in saying that you have to be willing to stand around 30 board (Right hander) and target around 13 board. with this shot the ball gets really wide and roars back to the pocket.

i used the Resurgence in Orange last weekend and loved the shot and carry i was getting.

still think they are awesome balls and would recommend both to anyone looking for length and late power in their shot

will keep the updates coming.

Shoey

Just got my resurgence drilled this afternoon..

Not sure i'll be able to use it too much in league (bit drier than i think it needs :p ) but its got a lot more than my Big Shot and Action Packed! Should do really well on the wetter lanes.

a quick update, haven't used my Resurgence in Tamworth and don't expect to until casual tech works out where the oil goes into the oiling machine. am still using rival most of the time and its hitting harder than even, but on a much wider starting position and bigger angle than i normally play.
took both the Orange on their new House pattern on Oz day weekend and the resurgence loved the extra oil, went long, hooked late and hit the pins hard. when changed down the the rival it just picked up where the resurgence left off.
great combination of balls

Well i have had these balls for nearly 4 months now so ill give my thoughts:

Resurgence:

This thing is a hook monster! I Drilled it with the pin about 1" above the fingers in between the fingers. This is apparently one of Columbias new strong drillings. Right on the money. This baby gets the length i need and still has enough energy to pounce back at the pins and hit like a Mack Truck!

Rival:

I had this ball as a step down from the Resurgence. Drilled it with the pin to the right of the ring finger (only just) and slightly below it. Kicked the CG out maybe 1" from centre of the grip on about the same line as the pin. This is my league ball of the 3. Goes well on our old house shot. Even better on a tournament shot. Very smooth and predictable, this thing likes oil!

Wrath High Flush:

Ok. I have gotten 2 of these and have recently retired one to make room for other gear: The first one i had, i drilled with the pin next to ring finger (only just) and put the CG in the centre of my span. This ball is very versatile. I can use this one on many types of conditions, ranging from very dry, to conditions with a bit of oil (Shark) and still maintain the same reaction.

The 2nd one i got i drilled up about a week ago. I drilled this one Pin on PAP. I needed a ball with this drilling in my bag to combat the reaqlly dry conditions i come across. After seeing my brothers WHF drilled the same way, go at youth challenge, i thought to myself, :i need one drilled this way". This ball is definately for the drier/shorter patterns. Very smooth and clean through the heads and not very big on the backend, but still hits very hard.

Jazz:

Ok, i got this ball for dry conditions. Thought i would have a play with the drilling on this one, so drilled it pin to the left of the middle finger, with the cg in the bottom right quadrant of the span. Big mistake. This thing is too aggressive with this drilling. The Jazz can handle a bit more oil than some of my older dull gear. Havent used this in a few months.

Momentum:

My favourite ball at the moment! I drilled the Momentum with the pin underneath the ring finger with the CG out about 40 degrees. This ball is amazing. Columbia say its the perfect league ball. Couldnt agree more. It likes tournament patterns too. I used this ball throughout Brunswick Youth Cup, and then on both short and long patterns at Youth Challenge. 10/10 for this ball, going to be in my bag for a while to come yet.

Wrath Dead Flush:

Ok, i only got this ball a few days ago, but my initial impression of it is that it likes a bit of oil. I drilled it with the pin about 1" above the ring finger and slightly further out to the right. CG is in the middle of the span. The WDF gets fantastic lenght thanks to the surface, and then finds another gear and motors toward the pocket. Can be a little over/under on a league pattern. I have yet to try this one on a tournament pattern so ill report again once i have.

Jason Doust recently drilled all three of these bad boys for me, OMG!!!

The Resurgence is easily one of the best balls for oil out on the market. I chose to put a little polish on it so i can use it in a few more centres and it got even better!!!. I can get deep inside and it still kicks out the corners with no problems whatsoever.

The Rival is my go to ball in league. If you wanna stand inside and swing it out to the gutter than you really wanna get your hands on one of these. I can play straighter up the lane with it as well but i prefer to swing this ball.

I prefer to use the Wrath High Flush for playing straighter up the lane. It gets good length but still hits the pins like a monster, especially when you go light there are messengers everywhere.

Three great balls from Columbia which i highly recommend to anyone looking for some new equipment.

Back
Top Bottom