2009 QLD JUNIOR SHIELD TMENT ROCKY

Interesting isn't it that the centres that are putting teams in are all around the Brisbane area or southern area. Yet they have the audacity to call this the "South Qld Junior Shield". We are part of South Queensland in Maryborough yet we knew nothing about this tournament. The very dates show that it was deliberately set up against the Rockhampton Junior Shield and Caboolture knew that there was no way that parents could afford to send their juniors to both!!! Any bowler who wishes to still bowl at Rockhampton even if their centre is taking part in the Caboolture one should be able to put their name into the draft as I know there are lots of centres that simply don't have enough juniors to field teams on their own and would be very happy to have juniors to make up the numbers. I can't help but wonder why the Caboolture tournament was kept so quiet up until now. Well that is my say and I am sure that there are plenty of other parents and juniors out there who feel the same way.:mad::mad:

The information we got is its full with 8 teams from brisbane and we were told that was going to be only brisbane only. I would hope the someone from caboolture comes on here and it clear everything up.

unfortunately the toowoomba team will be only participating in the caboolture tournament next year as we could only afford to bowl one. because of this i have refused to bowl in the toowoomba team as i believe it is an injustice to Rockhampton and all the work they have done.
i hope the Rocky get the support they deserve from bowlers i wish i could be there but good luck to you in your 21st year.:)[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to calm down a notch.......

i think it would be interesting to see wot sort of bowlers r at the local thign compared to the rockhampton shiel. i beleive there would be a big difference in competition because there r some good bowlers in the country towns soo yeh

as my last post has upset some people i would just liike to clear a few things up.

firstly my post was not about toowoombas decision not to bowl in Rockhampton. i wish them all the best in Caboolture.

secondly i do not think that the Caboolture tournament is wrong, i just think that they could have had it at another time but i do think it is a good idea as juniors need more tournaments the timing just isnt right

sorry to those people who i upset and i wish everyone bowling and the centres invovled with these tournaments good luck for next year

I agree that there is nothing wrong with Caboolture holding the tournament but it should be at another time so as to not affect the Rocky one which has been running for 20 years. Parents, Juniors and Youths simply cannot bowl in 2 tournaments of this type in 2 weeks let alone at this time of the year. The timing is very wrong!!!

From what we have been told since moving to Brisbane a few coaches and mangers from Brisbane not just Caboolture were told not to come back to Rocky this year by Mr Mackenna, so the coaches and managers have made the decission to hold a tournment in Brisbane and sorry but Bundy was invited (but as far as I no have decided to go to Rocky). I think Maryborough was told of it but could not get a team together. So its not the bowlers but the Coaches and Managers who have made this decission.

i think everyone should just take a deeeeep breath!

not a big deal. i bowl a league at caboolture, and have been asked to bowl for caboolture in their tournament. i have bowled rocky many times, and we absolutely loved the travel and the experience of bowling on EXTREMELY tough conditions.

however, some people cannot afford to go to rocky, meaning bus fare and accomodation.
i do understand that it is on a bad weekend, as it is so close to the rockhampton tournament, but it was put there as an alternate tournament for those who could not afford the travel, or just wanted some easier lanes.

i will not be going to rockhampton because i have recently moved out, and dont have a current income, so i am broke. im sure it wasnt intentional of the caboolture committee to not invite areas like maryborough etc.

maybe they thought that those centres would prefer to go to rocky as it is closer to them. who knows.

all i know is, its happened. there's not much we can do about it except choose where you wanna go, and go.

michelle.

p.s. beth, i love you, but i think that not going with toowoomba to caboolture doesnt really make an impact. if you wanna bowl in a tournament similar to rocky, and you dont have a team to go with, then bowl at caboolture k? i dont like it just as much as you dont... but unfortunately, these things happen.

i think everyone should just take a deeeeep breath!
not a big deal. i bowl a league at caboolture, and have been asked to bowl for caboolture in their tournament. i have bowled rocky many times, and we absolutely loved the travel and the experience of bowling on EXTREMELY tough conditions.
however, some people cannot afford to go to rocky, meaning bus fare and accomodation.
i do understand that it is on a bad weekend, as it is so close to the rockhampton tournament, but it was put there as an alternate tournament for those who could not afford the travel, or just wanted some easier lanes.
i will not be going to rockhampton because i have recently moved out, and dont have a current income, so i am broke. im sure it wasnt intentional of the caboolture committee to not invite areas like maryborough etc.
maybe they thought that those centres would prefer to go to rocky as it is closer to them. who knows.
all i know is, its happened. there's not much we can do about it except choose where you wanna go, and go.
michelle.
p.s. beth, i love you, but i think that not going with toowoomba to caboolture doesnt really make an impact. if you wanna bowl in a tournament similar to rocky, and you dont have a team to go with, then bowl at caboolture k? i dont like it just as much as you dont... but unfortunately, these things happen.

well said.

From what we have been told since moving to Brisbane a few coaches and mangers from Brisbane not just Caboolture were told not to come back to Rocky this year by Mr Mackenna, so the coaches and managers have made the decission to hold a tournment in Brisbane and sorry but Bundy was invited (but as far as I no have decided to go to Rocky). I think Maryborough was told of it but could not get a team together. So its not the bowlers but the Coaches and Managers who have made this decission.

Hey Tiff. As far as we are aware we got no invite and we wouldnt of had a problem getting a team.

Hey Vet,
Sorry thats what was said to us. If u guys want to bring a team down just let Ken at Cab Bowl no he said there was a couple of teams still needed. It is now going to be bowled in 2 centres Jnr part at Aspley and the Youth at Cab.

That's very interesting Tiffany as I was told by Caboolture bowl on Friday that it was full and that there was no room for any additional teams - still doesn't change the fact that no one other than Brisbane centres received invitiations. By the way Caboolture is much closer to Maryborough than Rockhampton.

Shaun, Bundaberg was invited to bowl in the Brisbane tournment back in June, and there is space available because aspley has more lanes and I spoke to Ken this morning...............

shaun? im shaun ya loony... plpatford is mum... im stayin out of this its too complicated for me :) i just bowl... other people get me to whereever and wheneever that bowling is to be done.... nice to see you spelt my name right though

Tiff. I rang caboolture last week and on friday and they said that it was full with brisbane teams and that was all that were invited. When I rang on friday they told me that there was going to be a meeting to sort out details and they would ring me next week. They have said nothing to me about bowling in 2 centres and nothing about us being able to bowl.
All we are trying to say is that if bundy and toowoomba got an invite back in june why were other centres like maryborough not invited. We didnt know anything about this event like dates or anything until I decided to ring last week. We were considering sending a team to this tournament.
If we get an invite then great, we may or may not bowl depending on what we decide but if not then we will be going to rockhampton.

Vet all i can say is what Ken told mum Saturday morning the changes to bowl in 2 centres was made Friday nite from what we can gather. Ken bowls at cab on monday nites so give him a call. Shaun im soooooo sorry my bad lol

Now what i don't understand is why its being bowled at 2 different centers now if its just meant to be a caboolture thing...

Back
Top Bottom