2009 QLD JUNIOR SHIELD TMENT ROCKY

to add to that most juniors may want to participate in the caboolture tournament as that is where most of the fellow bowlers are competing next year. and lets face us humans/bowlers are like sheep we follow each other around.
Larissa

ROCKY V/S CABOOLTURE
this thing has become a battle field to harsh for the internet to handle and sure that if computers had ears they would be deff from people yelling at it.
for the past few years numbers of teams have slowing dropped out of rocky...
bit sad too say Sunshine Coast hasn't been mentioned...
but i know that the northen towns such as Cairns Mackay stopped in the rochkampton competition because of nationals being moved to easter instead of june/july... they found this time too short for their expensises.
ROCKY-
One of my favourite tournaments i've bowled it 8 times since the year 2000 when i was 8 years old and have made so many life time friends from this event.
To me being the youngest in my team for most of my rocky experiences was about bowling my best may it be 140 or 240 and then goin back to resort for pizza/ sizzler and a BBQ on the last day, swimming and bunking with friends in a cabin (always got that dam fold out couch but) and coming home with a voice a mother loved (no voice).
the worse thing for me was the 6 and a half hr drive in the middle of summmer with retched heat waves (or because or having to travel with older brothers and a sister punching slapping and yelling... turned me off the travel)
all i know is that every year it was an experience of my life i wont forget
CABOOLTURE
This is the event i will hopefully be attending in january next year. if i find a team (wink, wink). but morally because its the closet centre to me apart from my own. and even if its at Aspley that still closer.
i didn't know it was dedicated to Mrs Weir until now and think it is absoulutly great she supported both me and my sister and we love her for that. even if i do give a fair bit of cheek.
this tournatment may not be as good as rocky but who knows until it goes ahead even if most peolpe think its at the wrong time of year, but francley.... winter seriously personally i'd rather be curled up in front of heater in hypernation for 3 months then bowl.
in my eyes i believe that this tournament is going to be pretty similar to Ken Mills Kup who im sure most people know about and not anywhere near hard as the president's sheild against all states
so guys please stop breathing down each others necks.
what ever happens im sure juniors will still enjoy to bowl in these kinds of competitions i know i will i just so long as you keep them intrested in the sprort which starts at your own centre thats where i lost it cause there isn't much junior bowling at my centre unless your 8 and they start too loose intrest much after that.
cheers
Larissa Brosnan
great post

I think theres room for both tournaments.
Maybe at some stage the brisbane one could be moved mid year in the june school holidays.

The rocky tournament has 21 years of tradition and too see that go would be a very sad day for our sport in QLD.

Sometimes we have to move on - great post Larissa and whilst I agree with Cam that it is sad that 21 years of tradition has gone, a new tradition may just be born out of this with the announcement of the QubicaAMF Teams Challenge in Rocky and another tradition may start here at Aspley/Caboolture with the introduction of the 2009 events. The passion shown by the 'kids', parents and bowlers should guarantee the success of both tournaments.

Maybe it is time for the 'Rachuig' tradition to be reviewed, revitalised and revamped to encourage our Open bowlers to jump on a new and profitable TEAM bandwagon .... but that is another subject!

Flower

Hi All
I wish to formally anounce that the Queensland Junior Shield Tournament (Rockhampton) will now be held in Rockhampton on 10-11-12 JULY 2009 (last weekend of the School Holidays) - Nomination forms and advice forms will be sent to everyone at a later date.
This will be the 21st Year of this Tournament and it will be a great event.

I am also happy to announce that on 16-17-18 January 2009 Rocky's Tenpin Carnival for Junior Bowlers will be held. This in many ways will be similar to the Qubica-AMF Teams Challenge being bowled on the same weekend which is for Youth and Adults.

Once again the rules for this Junior Carnival are simple.
Teams of 4 (min 4 with max of 5 players)
Mixed teams with at least 1 of opposite sex.
Max 3 teams from any one centre/association.
Players may be obtained from other centres/assocations.
Based on 16 teams competing
15 head to head games to be played
1 point for an individual win and 2 for team win (6 in total)
Scratch and Handicap divisions in the one tournament
A Min prize pool of $3,000 to be won.
Both Scratch and Handicap winers will receive
1st $600 2nd $500 3rd $400 = $1500 per division

Team Nomination $300.00 per team.

Nomination forms will be sent this week or email your interest to [email protected]

This tournament will be played on the new Qubica AMF SPL Lanes in Rockhampton.

This tournament sponsored by the Rockhampton Junior Tenpin Bowling Association and the Rockhampton Tenpin Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom