2008 VICTORIA TENPIN CUP

I think you've waited long enough so here they are.
Today's scores were amazing and heaps of fun had by all.
Tomorrow is another day and an exciting one too.
The pairings are interesting and very evenly matched.

Special mentions:
300 game bowled by David Porto.
Dayle Onslow bowling his first tournament and cutting.
15yr old Aleisha Shields top qualifying in the graded.
And to all the bowlers who came today.

Checkin closes at 9am so see you all then.

Doriana Porto
Werribee Superbowl​

well done to all bowlers who made the cut...
and Congratulations David on the 300 game...
i'll try to remember to do it in person next weekend at werribee youth...

Amazing scores at that especially Carl Bottomley's 265 avg for the 8 games including 3 x 289 games. David Porto's 254 avg and Craig Ryan's 245 avg not too shabby either.

Add in Paul Terry's 250 avg and Paul Madden's 245 avg at the Seniors Aus Open for their 10 games.

Truly Huge.

Hammo

Well what an amazing weekend!!

Firstly I'd like to thank our team at Werribee Superbowl.
I'd also like to thank our sponsors
Glen Rowland and QubicaAMF
Kellie and TotalBowling

Finally I'd like to thank all the bowlers and supporters
who attended over the weekend who all helped
make it such an enjoyable time.

One last mention though ... I'd like to challenge Kevin
to front up next year in a cheerleaders outfit with pom poms
to go one better on that sign ... what a laugh!!!

Thanks from Doriana and Edi
Werribee Superbowl

Hi Edi,

Thank you to you, your staff and the tournament organisers for a great event. As a relatively inexperienced bowler I really enjoyed bowling alongside some very experienced bowlers.

See you next year!

Thanks,
Bri

Wow....are they misprints or did all the people who made the graded cut bowl between 35 and 65 pins above their league average per game?

Well done to the placegetters and cutmakers...sounds like a good tournament was had by all.

We would like to congratulate David Porto and my brother Wayne Notman for winning the Victorian Tenpin Cup on the weekend.

Waynes first cut and gets paired with an awesome bowler.

Well done again guys.

Alan & Jenny

Come on mate, dont be like that. I try really hard at each and every tournament ... except for when I chuck 120 first game, which just happens to be exactly what I've thrown at the last 2 tournament first games.
One question I was going to ask, what are the new synthetics like. PLLLLLLLEASE dont lay just the average house shot, want something more than a carry fest.

Them scores are unreal :confused:

Firstly I would like to thank Edi, Doriana, Jamie and the rest of the staff for a very well run tournament.

I would also like to congratulate David and Wayne for winning the inaugural event.

It's always great when the lower average bowlers get the change to mix it with the big boys/girls.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am looking forward to next year already.

Liz

I'd like to thank Edi, Doz, Pappa Taafe and the team at Werribee Superbowl for another smoothly run event.

Congratulations to Porto and Nods.

I know that Edi and Doriana are always open to suggestions on how to improve events moving forward. I will think about the positives and negatives of the event and talk to them about my ideas. I encourage everyone to do the same.

Hope to see everyone soon,
Craig

One idea (that I thought had a lot of merit) was to have head to head points as well as team points. Say: 10 points for a win for each individual. Therefore you could lose one individual game but gain a team (20 points) and the other individual (10points).

We are recalculating the weekend scores to see what would have happened. I will let you know.

Edi

Thank you Doriana, Edi, Jamie and all the staff members at Werribee Superbowl for a great day out. One word to describe my experience on your new lanes....Fantastico ;) Sure to put my name down for the next tournament.
Congratulations to David and Wayne for their win.
To my good friend, Christian. Better luck next time mate. Good to see you enjoying your bowling again. Keep it up.
Regards,
Alex

Thanks Alex ,
i hope you enjoyed yourself as i did , great to catch up again you are truly one of the good guys.
I cant say that i will ever bowl 27 over my entering average again and miss a cut , i guess i have nobody to blame but myself considering my current league average is 217 (never thought i would say that , nor do i really deserve it). Thankyou to Doriana , Edi and Jamie on a great run tourney as always.
Congrats to Porto and Wayne, Wayne 1 tourney 1 win not a bad start.
Well done to Larissa and McLovin on a close second very classy performance.

Christian

Back
Top Bottom