2008 VICTORIA TENPIN CUP

Werribee

Werribee
Hi All,
Werribee Superbowl and QubicaAMF would like to invite you to the very first 2008 VICTORIA TENPIN CUP to be held at Werribee Superbowl on ANZAC Day long weekend (26-27th April 2008). This tournament wil replace the ANZAC Day marathon this year.
The event will be for graded and scratch bowlers- so all you guys who normally bowl in our marathon can still participate!
This will be our first tournament on our synthetic lanes. Reports from bowlers at Werribee are extremely positive, so come down and have a roll!!
Graded bowlers don't have an awful lot to participate in on a state wide level, so this should be a great opportunity.
We urge you to get entries in as soon as possible. We will initially be only taking 30 per squad. If entries surpass the 60 will be opening the squads further.
we look forward to seeing you all,
Edi

Attachments

• 2008 VICTORIAN TENPIN CUP ENTRY FORM.pdf
    456.8 KB · Views: 306
Hi Edi, good to see a new tournament and allowing for the graded bowlers to particpate as well. Hope all goes well and you get a full field.
Cheers JoeT:cool:

So the winner is the team that wins the most points in the match play?

Qualifying Format:
All bowlers will bowl 8 games in one appearance in their nominated squad. The Top
10 Open and Top 10 Graded bowlers will advance to the finals on the 27th April
Finals Format:
All qualifying pinfall will be dropped. The Top 10 Open and Graded bowlers will bowl
matchplay in a teamed doubles format. The teamed pairings will see the Top Open
bowler being paired with the 10th placed Graded bowler, second placed Open
bowler with the 9th placed Graded etc…
Teams will then bowl 9 games of match play with a bonus system applied.
(20 pins for a team win, 10 for a team draw, nil for team loss.)

Hi Edi, good to see a new tournament and allowing for the graded bowlers to particpate as well. Hope all goes well and you get a full field.
Cheers JoeT:cool:

Pity it took the place of an already great tournament, where graded bowlers had as much opportunity to do well. Any chance of the marathon somewhere else?

Can you please add
Sarah Benson
Adam Spiteri
Chris Benson
Billy Tanasiciuc
Natalie Prokopec
Steve Prokopec
Stevan Malina.
Will Confirm ASAP.
Thanks

Pity it took the place of an already great tournament, where graded bowlers had as much opportunity to do well. Any chance of the marathon somewhere else?

Have to agree with you here Adam,

was really looking forward to the marathon this year.

With the number of weekends in the year, it is a pity it has taken over the marathon.

I wonder if another centre would be willing to hold the marathon?

Thanks for the quick response guys. Could I ask that you nominate if you are entering as a graded or open bowler? It will just make it easier when we chase averages in preparation for the day.

We will be doing a couple of mini-marathons through the year. But I think that having a tournament with equal open and scratch prize funds is a plus. The 60 game marathon was such hard work and trying to get staff for the midnight runs was so hard- Thanks to Doriana for 5 years of doing a straight 24 hour shift!

In regards to the format... Yes, you become a team member with the person you are paired with and you win as a team.

Any entry information (address, email, etc..) can be forwarded to [email protected] and deposits can be phoned through to the centre with credit cards, or sent to us at Werribee Superbowl.

Thanks once again.
Cheers

Edi

We will be doing a couple of mini-marathons through the year. But I think that having a tournament with equal open and scratch prize funds is a plus. The 60 game marathon was such hard work and trying to get staff for the midnight runs was so hard- Thanks to Doriana for 5 years of doing a straight 24 hour shift!

Edi

Crazy...

So a tournament that you have admittedly already done the hard yards on to develop into an event that people actually want to bowl in (ie a gold mine in tournament bowling terms) Falls by the wayside for some graded vic150 untried hybrid type thingie...then we'll see some "mini8hour9notaphandicappedchuckedintotherearofsomeweekendatsometime" For those who enjoyed the marathon. Dunno if its just me, but I dont get it.

Hey Adam give Edi a go, you of all people should know how hard it is to get people to work Graveyard shifts. If your so keen on the Marathon why does Melton not run it themselves this year. Most of the bowlers would travel to down town Melton???:cool:

After speaking with Edi on the phone today she has her reason's to why she cannot run the marathon, as much as she would love too.

I think if you guys still want a marathon, get your heads together and get one running, there is nothing stopping you from doing that.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do, but give this tournament a fair go.

Hey Adam give Edi a go, you of all people should know how hard it is to get people to work Graveyard shifts. If your so keen on the Marathon why does Melton not run it themselves this year. Most of the bowlers would travel to down town Melton???:cool:

And you Joe, of all people should know how hard it is to get a tournament to the stage where everyone likes to bowl in it, we can book in Werribee on the Anzac day each weekend with little fear of a clash, its super well attended with nearly a full book each year, prize fund is pretty good. Doriana was the perfect person to run it too, always cheerful, never looks tired, always does a great job. Jeez do we need to list any other reasons why this great tourney should keep its place?

On a personal note, I was going to bowl in 2 things this year...Emerson shield and Werribee marathon, coz they are the best 2 tourneys going around but oh well, I sure dont mind playing golf instead. Good luck with their new venture.

Btw Joe, you know who runs things at Melton, and you know his number.

Adam

If you want a marathon so much then why not have the gumption to intitiate and arrange it. If you had have been involved in running an event of such magnitude before then you wouldn't be questioning why the event is not running this year.

I wonder if you have considered about Edi and Werribee as a business as to how much money they actually lose by putting on the marathon. It might be a success for us the bowler but for a business it is not smart economics.

To have run it for as long as they have is a credit to the bowl and they have still provided bowlers with something to bowl in still after all.

For too long bowlers have taken tournaments for granted without thinking that the bowl wear's a loss for running the event. We need to be more appreciative of Edi and all the other centres that are putting on events, in line with Kellie's request to be more appreciative of Total Bowling and not take them for granted or before too long we won't have anything to bowl in.

Hey guys,
I think we all just better take a deep breath and relax. I really wanted this to be a positive addition to the tournament calendar, not a negative.
I welcome anyone wanting to host a 60 game marathon to give me a call. I will willingly pass all my info onto them. I just hope you don't clash with my new tournament as we (as a centre) have put an enormous effort into it, and a sponsor has made a large financial commitment. We know how hard it is to get sponsorship, and then we cause angst.
There are several people at Werribee who have some very serious health issues- just as Doriana did at the last marathon even though she was smiling. (Adam will know what I mean) Doriana isn't capable of being unhappy around bowlers and bowling- she has a passion for this sport as do you all- or you wouldn't be reading this!
2008 needs to be declared THE YEAR OF WORKING AS ONE! Change doesn't have to be bad, it can be wonderful and for the betterment of everyone.
Let's get behind all the people who are trying to make this a better sport, whether we agree with what they do or not. Their hearts are in the right place and we don't need to work against each other. There is room for all sorts of events and yes, the marathon did run at a loss for the last 5 years. It killed us to have to pull it, and we have lots of great memories (remember when the table came down on the KEGEL at midnight? Wasn't funny that night, but I can laugh now!)
Let's all move on and I do ask that no more negative posts go onto this thread.
I thank you all in anticipation,
Edi

Back
Top Bottom