2008 Adult National Championships

Jase

Admin
Staff member
TBA are pleased to announce that the Canberra International Bowl in the ACT will host the 2008 Adult National Championships from Saturday 4th October to Saturday 25th October 2008.

The revised schedule for the event is attached.

Attachments

• Event Schedule.pdf
    34.8 KB · Views: 113
Looks like they may have an appearance by me then. Lucky buggers... :p

Yes, its Tuggeranong!

Maybe some Western States didn’t Tender for it????

I'd say that would be the best answer.

It's basically the same case for the NSW State Championships. AMF don't seem interested, so the independants like Manhattan Superbowl or Interbowl centres seem to hold them. But thats off topic now.

Hmmm......

Is it politically correct to use the term "4 man teams" now a days, as per the event schedule?

Trust a female to pick that up.

:p

Liz

Typical.
Eastern states get the nationals again............

Hey Brenton,
I heard talk that the Nationals can now only be held on the east coast because the ASC will only fund them if they are held in the region where 70% of the sports members ie. the bowlers reside. It would be good if this could be confirmed be someone in the know.
It seems a bit tough for you guys from S.A and W.A who have to fork out the most every year to travel east, and if this is true have no home Nationals to look forward to in the future.:confused:

I did hear that a couple years ago also Andrew. I suppose money talks.

Looks like some states might have to approach TBA to chip in on there airfares every year if some states havent got a snowballs chance of hosting Nationals in there own State again.
Not so bad in S.A. but flying from W.A. to the East coast every year is not cheap.

Chin,

Its no cheaper than flying from Central or North Queensland to the Southern States every year as well. So maybe everyone should ask the already under resourced TBA too chip in.

I did hear that a couple years ago also Andrew. I suppose money talks.
Looks like some states might have to approach TBA to chip in on there airfares every year if some states havent got a snowballs chance of hosting Nationals in there own State again.
Not so bad in S.A. but flying from W.A. to the East coast every year is not cheap.

I think you will find this may already occur, as to what extent and which states I'm not sure but believe that there has been a few $$ chipped in over recent years to "Disadvantaged" states with high travel costs.

Back
Top Bottom