No listing for De Veer on TBA Calendar

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
The TBA Calendar for 2007 is on the TBA website and there is a listing for Seniors and Rachuig but not De Veer.

TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA
ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS - 2007
Activity or Event Dates City/State
National Youth Cup 20th - 21st January Werribee, Vic
Youth Teams Challenge 22nd - 25th January Werribee, Vic
Board Meeting
37th Junior National Championship 31st March - 16th April Altona, Vic
2006 President's Interstate Junior Shield 10th - 12th April Altona, Vic
Board Meeting
Annual General Meeting Sydney, NSW
Board Meeting
2nd National Disability Championship 2nd - 8th June Kedron, Qld
46th Adult National Championship 1st - 20th October Altona, Vic
Senior Teams Challenge 1st - 3rd October Altona, Vic
Walter Rachuig Trophy 16th - 18th October Altona, Vic
Australian Open Masters 1st - 20th October Altona, Vic
Board Meeting

If its having its status changed could someone please make an official announcement?

Thanks Jason I know they intend to run a teams comp under the De Veer banner, but does this omission signify that De Veer will lose its status as a State Team graded event?
Or am I just paranoid?
You dont have to answer that last question :confused:

Ok more important stuff on this topic,
I have it said to me that WDV is not looking good i have had word it will be dead by December 2006 i truly hope this is wrong as the Australian Nationals will loose up to 60% of the games bowled that were bowled in Tassie it may be on some calanders but will it be in the new year?

Gary.

Can I ask what is the Seniors team challenge all about October 1st to 3rd?

Cheers

Tony

i might get shouted down here
but as someone who bowled in it this year, i think it would be better if it truely was a stepping stone towards Rachuig and was a scratch event.

People may say it would prevent the lower average bowlers from particpating but surely the teams could be broken down in to the first 4 bowlers past the post with and average under 160 and first 3 bowlers past the post in a roll off with an average of under 185.

Thus ending the need for handicaps and the speculation and inuendo of sandbagging that goes with it.

The WDV competition this year was very closely contested and I certainly did not hear of the usual complaints of sandbaggers/average managers. The daily regrading and the criteria for qualifying averages seemed to work.

As for it going scratch - count me out. Keep it the same as 2006... please.

In reply to Strop - TBA runs a Seniors scratch competition (for over 50s) the first week of the Nationals. This was run in 2006 but I don't have much more information. Will find out and let you know.

WDV is dead just ask the right people.............................;)

Gary..................R...I...P

Mmmmm the man with all the answers.

Why dont you contact the RIGHT people like the people at TBA.

In reply to Gary - you keep asking the "people who know". I'll keep to the answers from TBA that the WDV is on list and going strong.

Back
Top Bottom