2008 Adult Nationals

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Friday 30 November 2007

To the Bowlers of Australia – your sport needs you!
Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited (TBA), your National Sporting Organisation (NSO) recognised both by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and Internationally, have called for Expressions of Interest from Centres around Australia interested in hosting the 2008 TBA Australian Adult National Championships (TBA Adult Nationals) which is also open to International entries.

In 2007, following input from bowlers, the ASC and Bowling Centre managers and proprietors, it was decided to replace the previous National Restricted event with an event that was open to all Restricted bowlers in Australia, New Zealand and other countries in our region.

All Centres and Associations were invited to submit a team or teams.
The vision was for the pre-eminent Australian Adult Tenpin Bowling

Tournament to adopt best practice International sporting practices.
Unfortunately the 2007 event did not meet your expectations and the idea has been shelved. Also in 2007, TBA introduced a new event.

This was the TBA Seniors Challenge, where States/Territories (and New Zealand) were asked to enter teams of 4 men and 4 women who all competed in 6 games of Singles, 6 games of Doubles and 6 games of Teams.

The event was based on scratch competition where all bowlers played all 18
games and scored points according to a table defined in the rules for the event.

Based on the great success of the TBA Seniors Challenge, the format of the 2008 Nationals has been further revised.

A new National Restricted Challenge has been added.

The TBA National Restricted Challenge will be the same format as the very successful TBA Seniors Challenge, but will be bowled with handicap.

The average cut-off for the event will be 184 for males and 174 for females and the event will use 100% of 200 as the Handicap format.
The rules of the event are available on the TBA web site at www.tenpin.org.au.

Also visit our website to view the revised format of the 2008 TBA Adult Nationals.

Bowlers will still have ample time to participate in the TBA Adult Nationals in Singles, Doubles, Teams and All Events before the various Cup’s, Challenge’s and the Walter Rachuig Trophy Tournament.

As the Australian NSO, TBA are charged by the ASC as well as by you the bowler with the responsibility of ensuring the sport continues to grow in Australia and raise its profile Internationally and it is our absolute goal to continue to improve Australia's most prestigious adult Tenpin Bowling Tournament, the TBA Australian Adult National Championships.

Once a host centre has been selected full details and promotional material will be distributed through the TBA State/Territory branches and all Centres nationally as well as being posted on the TBA website.

We look forward to your active support and participation to make the 2008 TBA Australian Adult National Championships the best Australian Tenpin Bowling Tournament ever.

John Coxon
TBA Chairman

Unfortunately the 2007 event did not meet your expectations and the idea has been shelved. Also in 2007, TBA introduced a new event.

Bloody oath it didn't, considering they asked bowlers to bowl in WDV this year was sad in itself. Hopefully TBA realise they damaged it's Nationals this year. As i've said before, the only way i'll do the nationals again is if its in NSW or ACT, otherwise, they've lost my support. I'm not wasting my time and money to bowl for confectionary. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom