2006 drafts

just like to say congrats to everyone who was selected in the draft this year...!! but, special mentions to renee and jess l for drafting to tassie and to kyle for being drafted to NT...!! yay for you guys...!!

see ya's all in canberra...!!
lari...-xox-

Northern Territory
Boys
David Drummoind
Corwyn Fitzpatrick (ACT&S Draft)
Alex Knaap (SQ Draft)
Leigh Simpson (ACT&S Draft)
Christopher Watson (WA Draft)
Kyle Webber (ACT&S Draft)
Tyrone White (ACT&S Draft)

Girls
Nyssa Beckley
Tenneil Beckley
Kirsten Ferguson (SQ Draft)
Jessica Jones (ACT&S Draft)
Laura Kairn (Vic Draft)
Kirsten Taafe (Vic Draft)

thats straight off TBA website and still finalising the last girls spot!!!!
congrats to all the drafts!!!
and a big congats to cheryl dennis also a draft to NT as manager THANK YOU cheryl. and a big THANKS to all the drafts!!!

Yes you are only aloud 4 drafts but because NT are short of male bowlers they where aloud to draft 5 bowlers. thats what i heard.
Chris

KnuckleHead said:
Yes you are only aloud 4 drafts but because NT are short of male bowlers they where aloud to draft 5 bowlers. thats what i heard.
Chris
That was last year, i was NT's draft extension. But im sure TBA would rather a few more ppl get drafted than only have 9 teams

Just wonderin,But thought that drafts werent allowed to bowl against their own state that they rolled off for? (i could be wrong) but in this case wat happens when the NT boys play the ACT&S boys? because 4 of their drafts are from ACT Southern, hence makin them 2 bowlers short?

lilcook said:
Just wonderin,But thought that drafts werent allowed to bowl against their own state that they rolled off for? (i could be wrong) but in this case wat happens when the NT boys play the ACT&S boys? because 4 of their drafts are from ACT Southern, hence makin them 2 bowlers short?
I could be wrong, but I believe Permission sort and granted, they will bowl against the ACT&SNSW Team. and to the boys of both teams, each will be out to win for there designated team, nether will give an inch.
When you consider next year (2007), a possible outcome is 2 teams from NSW and one of the possible team make-ups is the top 7 go in team 1 and the next 7 go in team 2. In this case team 2 will be out there to show all which is the best.
This is just one possible make-up from what I've heard no disission has been reached. until NSW comes out with its plans all we do is speculate - maybe the question should be put to them.

lilcook said:

This rule is no longer in action (as of 2006) for all teams.

In reply to 'roil'
The TBA of NSW has requested to retain two teams for shield 2007, TBAL has still to confirm this request. At the NSW Junior Committee meeting 11th Feb it was recognised as a priority but the make-up of those two teams is still at discussion level until confrmation from TBAL.

Just so every 1 knows the rule about bowling your own state is YOU CAN WIN YOUR POINT!! were as last year your score counted to the total only n the point went straight to the other team! now both teams have to work for the point!!!

Back
Top Bottom