2006 ANZAC Day 60 game Marathon

On behalf of Werribee Superbowl
Thankyou to all competitors and supporters of this years Werribee Anzac 60 Game Marathon.
32 Teams provided some great spectator viewing with many high scores.
4 x 300 games - David Porto, Derek Adams, Paul Francis and Glen Loader.
Bowlers from all across metro centres and the State (and overseas! - Cameron from the land of the long white sheep...cloud that should be)showed for the "madness" 24 hour event.
The Bowling fraternity for over 40 years have not changed. Provide a reason to bowl and we will bowl.
There is nothing like a marathon. The battle of fitness, tactics, the brain, as bowlers endeavour to keep the optics open without too much assistance except with games of cards, "bum" dances, and a poke here or there.
A personal thanks to Doriana and all the team at Werribee.
As mentioned in an earlier post, after a whopping 55 games there was only 3 points between the top 3 and only 10 points between 6th and 16th. With it being that close a Positional Round was EXCITING!
Congratulations to everyone and be on the look out for the upcoming Werribee Cup and of course, next year's 60 game marathon.
Here's to bowling in 2006
Regards
Warren Stewart

Congratulations to all on the great show you all put on from a spectators point of view. My daughter and I spent 3hrs watching some sensational bowling including a perfect 300 game. Great job by all espescially the tireless team at Werribee Superbowl.
Hope one day to compete in this event.

Lyndon from Ballarat

Hey all,
Having finally emerged from a WONDERFUL!!! sleep at 5.30pm I can only say what a great time and fantastic atmosphere there was at Werribee throughout the marathon. It was a hard fought battle and everyone played in the best of spirits and sportsmanship and should all be proud of themselves. Special congrats to my boy Ralphy and his teammates Ondrej Hedi and Chris Benson for coming a creditable third, and Chris for bowling the highest average for the tournament, an unbelievale 233, then getting to Sunshine today for the Seniors tournament as well.
I managed to stay awake by knitting all the way through the marathon and I can honestly say it is the most knitting I have done in a 24 hour period - ever!!... I have attached a pic of the beautiful Cassie Staudinger modelling the aforementioned knitting (scarf)
cassiescarf.jpg
and you may see it in action around the neck of Cheryl Langlands at the next U10's football match in her neighbourhood (sorry Cheryl don't know the name of the team Jason plays for...).
A fantastic tournament again, great support from all and magnificently run by Werribee bowl and staff. Great work Dozza!!!
See you all again next year (at the least) and who knows, I may be inspired to actually bowl again.... (unless I have some knitting to do...)
Hugs and Kisses,
Jane. (still in pj's and looking forward to an early night.. lol)

Firstly congrats to everyone who competed over the weekend....fingers crossed I will get my spot back next year.....but after their great finish in second i'm not too confident...........:rolleyes:
Secondly a great big thanks to Finchy for my scarf it looks great and will appear at most Narre north Foxes matchs!!! (even if Jason thinks I will embarrass him by wearing it :confused: ) I'm sure the girls will love it too so no doubt we can accomodate with more knitting at the next event......if Charli says pwease to her friend Finchy that is!!! :p :p:
Cheryl

Wow , what an event again , huge scores and massive bags under a few eyes . Well done to the boys on their great win (too good ) and well done to every one who cashed and had a go . The beetroot thingy award (what are they called Jane ) goes to Jo Law for getting 2 300 thrown against her , poor baby lol. Great to have Kingpin being played on TV for us gives me something else to laugh at besides that thing i call my bowling . Well done to all the staff , great job again.
Well done to Chris"s mum for listening to the garbage that tends to come out of my mouth when ive had a few , special mention to Sonja for picking up Mr Fragile for us.
Well done again to everybody see ya again next year , the drinks are on SCOTTY .

Chrissy

Well done to Team Columbia toughed it out to win.Also well done to Ondrej and Chris my teamates for a well fought tourny and credible 3rd place.Chris super effort 233 ave OMG too HUGE go the Hammer Raw Doom.Special mention to my better half Jane for supporting me and the crew through the 24hour ordeal LOL. Look forward to bowling again in 2007.:) ;) :p :eek:.

Hi All,
Just like to say what a wonderful tournament AGAIN ,had a ball all day and night,4 300s well done porto,paul francis ,glenn loader and derek adams and team columbia just too good this time .
Hey Lisa you are able to go to bingo now:D and chrissy you are able to buy more fish ,due to great bowling from Al to bring your team home and sneak into 11th ...lol.....Wondeful run tournament buy all the staff at WERRIBEE SUPERBOWL...super effort,,,crissy great block over 1100 drink more pal just believe you can do it as i know you can, last but not least ,to my team the OUTLAWS RETURN super effort and long last we cashed ...yippee ... Thanks to our good freind brendan for making the trip from sydney to bowl with us ...always a pleasure pal
Look foward to next year,
Scott Law
88 to fat ladies........to my freinds monica and rachael ...:D

Once again Werribee Bowl have produced another outstanding Anzac Marathon. Thanks to all the staff at Werribee Bowl for making this event so enjoyable to be apart of.
Warren - welcome aboard to Werribee, I am sure you will enjoy your time there.
Edi & Doriana - the place will look a million dollars once the renovations are complete - at least we will have pool tables and some mini golf to keep everyone from falling asleep next year.
To the winners Porto, Matto & Glen - awesome effort. When it came down to positional round, Porto was just awesome to finish it off and get the job done.
Also congrats to Narelle on her outstanding finish, that is what champions are made of.
Noddy - you are also a champion and fantastic to watch. Good effort to get your team over the line into the money.
I would also like to thank my team mates Scott & Jo, you guys were awesome all day. Jo you will need to come out firing next year as Scott beat you by 0.4 in average over 20 games - I am sure he will keep reminding you until the Marathin next year :) You have improved so much and alot of that is thanks to Lisa.... you have done the world of good. Scotty you were awesome in the last block to get us over the line into the money, you stood up when it counted the most.
Lastly I would like to say how great it has been to come back to Melbourne and see all your friendly faces again. I do miss Melbourne and all the people from Werribee. Hope to make the journey back down for the Werribee Cup later on in the year. Until then, bye for now.

I have to say congratulations to the staff at werribee superbowl in running a great Marathon. It was a great experience for my team mates as this was our first marathon together ( Matt Hagley, Brad Diss and Glenn McIntosh). Congratulations to Porto, Glen Loader, Paul Francis and Derek Adams on your 300 games... Also congratulations to team columbia on winning the marathon.. Will see you next year for this marathon..

Cheers Matt Hagley

Just want to say thanks to Mick Carlsson & Narelle Baker for a top effort had a ball, finaly got some shut eye after going home shower then to watch my son play footy. Yes there was some awsome scores through out the tournament but i would like to say well done to Narelle when under the pump in the position round shooting a fine 244,289,266,220,242, 1261 scratch block. That kept me awake not like the previous block catching zzzzzz LOL sorry Narelle anyway look forward to next year fun had by all. Bastie.

Yes Congrat's to Dozza, Wozza and everyone affiliated with the Marathon
it was very smoothly run and as always sensational fun......some awesome bowling by the guys that bowled their perfect games....just great to see.
And to Narelle....i have to say that watching that last block of yours was outstanding....i really thought that 300 was gonna be bowled ....thats 2 x 289 games in 2 weeks....it wont be long for you girl.....as for my team mates Bazza and Strauny your the greatest guys to bowl with ...love you guys....cant wait to torture myself again in the next one.;)

Cheers Mary

Well done to Porto, Loader,Adams and my LEGENDARY FATHER PAUL FRANCIS wish i had of been there to see it .
YOU RULE DAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/

Would just like to say a big thanks to my fellow team Mates - Kero & Dave. We did al right for a team put together on Thursday afternoon.

Thanks to the staff at the bowl, once again you have run a great marathon, and all went smoothly. A credit to the great work put in behind the scenes leading upt to this event.

Will be back next year, for another crack at this one, as a great night of fun is had by all.

Cant wait for the Werribee Cup in a the future.

Back
Top Bottom